the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

from mediocre to high sound quality

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
Do not touch a Eclipse if it is not from a authorized dealer. It may be used, stolen, counterfeit, repaired or may be new, just with ZERO warranty from Eclipse. Eclipse offers a bonus for having purchased and installed from a authorized dealer, that is a no charge 3 year warranty and free replacement in the first year if it is stolen. You must fill out a warranty card for this and send in a copy of your receipt. This cannot be done with the unauthorized guys as it tips the hat as to who was supplying them with gear contrary to their dealer agreement. End result isa big pee pee smack to that dealer from Eclipse. Support the dealers that are there to support you. Once you fire a solid head unit like the CD5000 into the picture, you will hear things that you have never heard before. And yes, Morel, Focal, Eclipse all make rock solid speakers. They are a specialty line, so stop looking in the box stores and look in the smaller specialty stores. The better specialty stores are the ones that are going to be able to give you what you need.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
xraytriguy 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

I wondered about how you guys would feel about internet purchases (unauthorized)... I'm wary of that unless it's Crutchfield.  I am 100% confident in them.  I agree with supporting the local guys who are there to support me.  It's just hard to stomach paying $600 for something I can conceivably get for $270.  Oh well... you get what you pay for. 

Yesterday, I had my front doors sound-damped (both outer wall and inner).  The road noise reduction is amazing.  I can also turn the music up a bit louder without getting front distortion - a result of a more solid support for the speakers, I suppose.  I am extremely eager to get the rest of the car done now.  I had originally thought that I would do all four doors, the rear pillars, the "trunk" and the hatch.  I didn't want to have the whole interior yanked to do the floor because of the airbags in the sides of the front seats.  Now, I think I will turn my car over to the guys and let them do my entire interior, front to back (maybe even the headliner).  This will allow them to do a much better job of laying wire than I did, which could possibly make an even bigger impact on noise reduction.  With as much difference as the front doors made, I am drooling at what difference so much more damping will do.  Do you folks agree, or is this overkill?

What are some suggestions for high sound-quality amps?  I have considered Memphis (only because my local shop carries the line), Alpine (again, only because it's easily obtained), ARC Audio (though I don't like it when manufacturers "sell out" - Foose?  come on...), Zapco (considering that a large percentage of show winners use this brand, so I've heard), Genesis (because it's an English company from mediocre to high sound quality - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.), and xtant (though they're damn-near impossible to find).  Any other suggestions (anyone mentioning Rockford Fosgate, MTX, Kicker or Sony will be summarily executed..)?  Regardless of expense, I want top-notch sound quality.

In the midst of all these lines of discussion in this post, I've not mentioned (nor have I heard) anything about redoing the wiring in my car.  Is The Big Three a feasible project to improve performance and sound quality in my car?  Would installing a "better quality" alternator make a difference?  Just another in the looooooong list of my questions... lol.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic