icon

96 Avalon stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
compengineer0 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
I just got a 96 Avalon and am having trouble getting a new stereo put in. I read the post here
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=50336&PN=1&tpn=1
but am still having trouble. I'm planning on running new speaker wire from all speakers to an amp in my trunk. and then rca's from my alpine unit to the amp. i'm stuck on how to get the stereo installed though. i'd like to just bypass the amp, but i'm not sure how. the alpine needs an ignition (red) connection, a battery (yellow), power antenna (blue), and a ground (black). what do i need to do? thanks.
compengineer0 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
i've already cut the factory harness off, but if i have to i can put it back on (though the fact that there are 2 reds, whites, browns, blacks, and green wires will make it tricky). should i just buy the metra 70-8112 adapter and use that? thanks.
didimakeyascrea 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
look closely on the 2 reds, whites, etc.. and theres prolly a lil thin line thats black or another color, ive never seen 2 of the same color wires, ecspecially that many as ur sayin for the factory radio wires in a car..
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
compengineer0 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
thats what i thought, but there is no black line or any other such color. there really is just two reds, etc. i guess because its coming from a factory amplifier, but i don't know.
compengineer0 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
ok i found the difference between the wires, one red has one silver patch on it and the other has two silver patches. same thing for the others. but that doesn't tell me much and definitely doesn't help me piece this harness back together.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Read this. Since you're running new wires to all the speakers, you're already bypassing the amp, so really all you need is a constant and switched source (you can make your own ground).
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic