icon

PAC factory nav/video interface?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
knucklehead 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
I ran across this interface PAC VCI-MBZ/E and wonder if anyone has experience with them. More specifically, how they actually operate with the stock head unit. Does the head unit just see the new input as an "AUX" input or would it recognize the actual input, of say a rear-view camera? How are the new inputs (Video/audio, etc.) controlled? I've been trying to find a way to integrate a rear-view camera with the stock display in my wife's '07 Mercedes CLS550.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
It's as simple as connecting the turn on lead to the actual reverse light bulb wire in the car. Bottm line is there are two turn on leads, positive and negative. Applying power to either of these turns on the AUX input to the screen. In all it's a pretty simple process. We do a lot of the GM navs with the PAC unit made for Delphi, works the same way....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
knucklehead 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Mike! It sounds like a good deal. I think I'll just go ahead and get one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic