icon

Troubleshoot 2001 Ranger Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vortech 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

It's set for tachless, tach wire is not hooked up.  How does the remote start work in tachless mode?  When I had the key in without the bypass wrapped around iginition it started and stayed running in tachless mode.  When bypass is wrapped around ignition, truck will start and shut off after 2 secs with or without key in ignition. 

I'll guess I could hook the tach wire up and see if that's my problem.

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
When you have the key in the ignition is it forward to run or just off? if its off and the remote start works its your bypass causing your issue. If its on and the remote start works your not powering up an ignition that needs to be.
mlaurenza 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

I would check to make sure yoou powered up all the ign. and acces. wires. You can get the tach at any injector also, just use the wire that is not common. I dont beleive the starter will engage at all if you do not have the bypass hooked up properly.

12volts
Troubleshoot 2001 Ranger Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.
Starter
Second Starter
Ignition
Second Ignition
Third Ignition
Accessory
Second Accessory

vortech 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

With key in ignition in the OFF position and bypass wrapped around key cylinder - truck starts and shuts off within 2-3 seconds.

When key was in ignition in the OFF position without the bypass wrapped around the key cylinder - the truck started and stayed running suing the remote starter.  Worked in bith tachless and tach mode

mlaurenza 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
That is because the truck is seeing two transponders. It will not start with the key in the ign. and the ring wrapped around the ign cylinder. If the truck stays running with the key in the ign. and no ring around the cylinder then it is the bypass. Try moving the bypass around the cylinder to a different location. In my experience the ring has to be out toward the edge as far as it can be.
vortech 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Once the truck starts is it still looking for the bypass?  Truck will start without key ignition, just doodies off within 2-3 secs,  I will try moving the ring toward the outer edge.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic