icon

93 240sx power lock problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tanamu 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everybody. I have just finished installing an alarm I bought, and I am having a problem. The doors will unlock and lock, but they won't STAY unlocked. the alarm I have has a -ve output for lock and unlock, and the car uses a single wire setup. So I set it up according to the diagram I found:
93 240sx power lock problems - Last Post -- posted image.
I guess the problem is that when the alarm pulses the signal to unlock the doors (IE ground the wire), the doors will unlock, but then lock again as soon as the pulse is stopped. I'm not bad with electrical stuff, but not great either. I can't figure this out, despite several hours of searching and reading. Is it a bad diode, perhaps? I tested it with my multimeter and it seems fine.. Any other ideas?
TIA.
tanamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2007 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, by the way, this is a Canadian model, if it makes a difference. It does have stock actuators in both doors.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
do you have your unlock output on the correct side of the CUT wire? Remeber it goes on the module side NOT the swotch side. Also...the diode placed in the correct posistion  (cathode end facing the rite direction)???
tanamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, the diode goes the right way and the relay is set up exactly as in the pic. But the alarm doesn't ground that unlock output forever, it just grounds it for a second, then it stops grounding it, which opens the circuit again. :(
tanamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hold on a second. I think I found it. Should the switch be connected to 87 and not 87a? Then the switch would still work (right now it doesnt) and then when the lock lead is grounded, it will disconnect the connection, opening the circuit, locking the doors!
Hah. I'll go try that.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
You sure you have the switch side on 87A, and make sure your relay has an 87A...I have come across some that have 2 87's.
tanamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
I did make sure it was on 87a, but after looking at it, if 87 is NC, wouldn't it make sense to use that one insead? I think I'll try..
tanamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
So I just pulled the diode out and tested it.. I got zero current through it backwards, but when testing it forwards, instead of reading 0 resistance, I got like 200 ohms.. Is that normal?
kamcam 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  

not sure but if 93 dohc is the same as 89-90 240sx  there is a door lock timer/controller passenger kick panel (behind ecu) mine was screwd so i unpluged it and wired alarm lock and unlock wire to harness. works fine

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic