Illuminated Entry with Negative Door Pins

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Devil_Boy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2003 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  

Hey there,

On my alarm i have a negative and a positive door pin wire. The way i understand it you use only one wire; the one you need. So i have negative door pins and my alarm also has the feature of illuminated entry which is also a negative output from the alarm.

Now comes my question, so i hook up my negative door pin wire to the negative wire that goes to my door pins (makes sense). But then because all my interior lights that run when the door is opened (domelight and footlight) run off of a ground; is this going to affect the arming process being there both being ran off the same wire

So therefore this is the way i look at it. I close my car door and arm it; illuminated entry is now activated for 30 seconds or so i beleive but being the car was just armed it checking all the sensors such as door pins now that wire right now is being grounded for my illuminated entry. So one would think that because of this when the alarm verifys that the doors are closed (by checking if there is a ground or not) it going to think they are open and bypass that sensor.

So can someone tell me if i need diodes or anything because this part kinda confuses me, Or are alarms smater then this andi just dont know it..haha...... what can i say its my first alarm install (you gotta learn somewhere). I hope this wasnt to confusing for those who read it.

Thanks, Jeff

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2003 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
When you arm your alarm the illuminated entry is off.  The output for illuminated entry turns on for 30 seconds when you disarm.  Howeevr, if you have factory illuminated entry the BCM will keep the lights on for 30 seconds even if you arm the alarm, and hence you will have a problem.  If your factory illuminated entry feature is not turned off when you lock the doors, then you will have to use the door trigger wire as your alarm trigger.  Some vehicles turn off the lights when the lock wire is pulsed.   A diode will not help in the way you mention, since the negative signal from the dome light will always be able to trigger the alarm with or without the diode.  Let us know what vehicles you are working on s owe can tell you exactly what you need to do.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Devil_Boy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2003 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

Hey there

My car is a 85' mazda 626. Whcih does not have illuminated entry already. I actually was thinking maybe it did not illuminate when you armed for that reason. But my dad has a Grand Prix which has a new Viper alarm....(not sure what model) with command start/keyless entry/alarm and it illuminates after you arm the car for about 30 seconds so this made me think that maybe mine did to and you had to do something special for it....

thanks, jeff

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
what is the yr, make and model of your car??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic