icon

2003 Ford Mustang GT Mach1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alexv96hrdbody 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2007 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
I am thinking about addding a subs to my factory mach 1 system in my mustang. I have never installed a system on a factory head unit before. Will I run into any problems adding subs to a factory head unit?
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

the main problem you will have is if you are going to use the factory head unit then you will have to use an inline converter for speaker level to rca. generally this can be done behind the radio but since you factory system is amplified then you will have to catch the speaker leads for the inline converter post amplifier side (meaning between the factory amp and the factory speaker). i generally run all my inline converter off the front speaker(s) to avoid having weird feedback from the rear speakers and the aftermarket woofer. hope this helps and good luck.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic