the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 Camry remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
What is the best bypass module for this car? I have a PKT2 module or the XK05. Also does all the camrys have a transponder or just the upper models like the old style. This car comming in is a CE model.. Thanks
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
I believe all of the new Camrys now come with the transponder, both of the modules you listed are correct for the 07 Camry.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, even the base CE will have it....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

you may also want to consider a universal bypass as opposed to hacking into the factory transponder wiring....

i use a TBKIV for these units nowadays......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
I am firmly w/Kgerry on this one. If a bypass requires cutting any of the factory wiring I will use a key-in-a-box bypass. Some vehicles require it (ie Equinox) but 99% of the time, if I can do an install without cutting any factory wiring I will. The dealerships around here like to tell people that if any factory wire was cut the warranty is void.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, withthe xk05 you cut one wire I think, but it works flawlessly,   the pkT2 is the NON upgradabel bypass kit, the XK05 will come with PKT2 firmware in it.. same thingamajig...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
llsid2kll 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone here installed an alarm in the 07 camry, if so could you post information thats not through directechs, one of my veteran guys took one in and using the directechs info found only 3 wires to be listed correct, before i got to get a look at it he ended up turing the alarm away after  two hours wasted, Hes probably one of the best I know at alarms, so i believe him when he says none of the wires were there.... any information would help.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
I've done a ton of them the directechs wiring is dead on. The only wire you won't find is the trunk release wire if the car didn't come with OEM keyless. If the key had the push start the ign/power wiring may not have matched up, but still any "veteran" can figure that out.. It's an alarm.. What do you guys do when you get a car in that isn't listed in directechs?
Mike
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
Mike is right, the Directed info is spot on. I've done a hundred Camrys and no issues, a very easy car....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
Doing a 07 Camry CE manual trans. On the clutch switch my tech sheet list it as type 1. Testing the green wire with the pedal depressed and cranking the car, I only seem to get about 7 or 8 volts. Is that the correct wire to hook to for the remote starter output wire? It seems to be around a 16 or 18 guage wire.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic