icon

Audiovox APS685 wont start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nowires 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2003 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

I've installed an Audiovox APS 685 remote start in a Nissan Altima. Everything except it wont start. When you attempt to start the parking lights flash 4 times like it's starting but nothing

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2003 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

First check that you have the main leads from the remote start going to the respective leads in the ignition harness such as starter, ignition, ignition 2.

Also check that you do not have any of the inhibit leads preventing the unit from starting. Example: If you've connected a hood pin and are attempting to start it with the hood open, it will not start. Same applies with the brake lead.

I believe your unit may also have a separate toggle switch just for the remote start. Make sure you have this switch in the correct position and that it is wired correctly.

nowires 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2003 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all of those, when I ground the hood pin and/or press the brake pedal the lights dont flash. When I probe the pins on the start connector there is 12v on both leads, when I try to start with remote, there is no reading on any of the other pins. Shouldn't Ign 1, ign 2 and the starter wire  go to 12v when the unit is trying to start the car? I  tried another unit and that didn't work either. I think I'm missing something simple.

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2003 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

Does your unit have multiple 12V+ power leads? If so, make sure you have 12V+ on each of those at the unit. Typically one is for the alarm and the other is for the remote start. Sounds like you do not have power on the one for the remote start.

nowires 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
I have 12V on both power leads
nowires 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  

The unit is not sensing the tach input. The wiring diagram lists the GREEN/ orange wire in the pass kick panel as the source. There is no GREEN/ pink wire in the pass kick panel. Is there another source? also the unit doesn't seem to go into programming mode. Any advice?

my12volts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
the nissan altima has two starter wires !!!!!!!both must powerd` up....
my12volts 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

CHECK YOU TACH WIRE AS WELL......IF YOU CANT FIND IT YOU CAN ALWAYS CET IT @ A FUEL INJECTER....

my12volts 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

CHECK YOU TACH WIRE AS WELL......IF YOU CANT FIND IT YOU CAN ALWAYS GET IT @ A FUEL INJECTER....

nowires 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply.  The unit won't start because it hasn't  received tthe initial tach signal. Now the unit won't go into program mode. I tried the procedure in the manual, just not working. Any suggestions? this one has been a real pain in ___!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic