icon

Deck Only Works At Night

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigkid90 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys...My deck only works if it is dark out or my lights are tuned on....but theres no reason to turn them on becasue i have automatic lights....I have a funny feeling i might have installed something wrong but cant figure it out.... BTW its a 2000 Ford F150
duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
did you connect the red wire of the radio to the illumination wire on the factory harness?  thats what it sounds like to me.  find the wire behind the radio that has voltage with the key in the accessory position.  if none of the wires show voltage, then check for a blown fuse and re-test.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
Could be your "deck" is simply nocturnal.  Deck Only Works At Night -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
Markland556 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
LOL. pretty funny.. But im going with the illumination wire. lights auto turn on.. illumination wire gets +12v.. deck turns on...
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
try turning your dimmer down and see if you radio turns off. very possible that you got onto the illumination wire on the dimmer wire. either way you might want to check and make sure you have the correct harness for you vehicle and double check your connections. good luck and hope this helps
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
bigkid90 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  

yea this is very weird....Wires are all good...I have the right harness....Decks does nothing when moving dimmer....

Maybye my deck just has a phobia of light???

05z71crew 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  

Did you install the harness yourself? If so, you may have miswired one (happens to all of us). I would go back and run through the diagram if you have it.

If you paid for the install, take it back let them deal with it :-)

lil nicky
06 Elantra (No more z71)
2 12" powerbass subs; 6x9's and 5 1/4's
Kenwood KAC-9152D
American bass SQ540
duct tape 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  

it is also possible that one of the pins on the aftermarket harness is in the wrong spot.  it may look like its wired correctly, but until you actually take a meter and verify the wiring, you wont know for sure.

05z71crew 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

tue, but what would be the more probable cause. A mass produced part where one out of 100 harnesses has one pin wrong, or accidentally crimping the blue/white wire to the green one instead of the blue wire to the green one. Deck Only Works At Night -- posted image.

Plus running through the wiring diagram that came with the harness is alot easier to troubleshoot... IMO

lil nicky
06 Elantra (No more z71)
2 12" powerbass subs; 6x9's and 5 1/4's
Kenwood KAC-9152D
American bass SQ540
duct tape 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
05z71crew wrote:

tue, but what would be the more probable cause. A mass produced part where one out of 100 harnesses has one pin wrong, or accidentally crimping the blue/white wire to the green one instead of the blue wire to the green one. Deck Only Works At Night -- posted image.

Plus running through the wiring diagram that came with the harness is alot easier to troubleshoot... IMO

i have installed harnesses that had one pin wrong, maybe the little asian girl in the sweatshop had a bad day.  

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic