05 Sebring Mobile video wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kvn5000 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan- Kenwood KVT-617DVD- Sirius Sat tuner
Havent installed mobile video before. Im assuming the video and sat tuner would be too much for the dash receiver wires? Wondering if i should wire the brain box and the sat tuner to a seperate 12V source. If i do where would be a good place, i thought about door wires under the floor or the power seat circuit but i am unsure of voltage requirements. Not sure where i should get the extra power from if i have to use other than the dash circuit. The Sat tuner will be in the trunk so i want to plan this out for the least wire run. I have a factory sirius 6 wire cluster running to a factory sirius tuner in rear, i also could spade plug in and use that cluster to power sat tuner in trunk and the head unit, just wondering best place for power for brain i guess. Kenwood brain will be under passenger seat.
(Battery, ignition cluster, floor door lock wires, power seat?) If its a specific non easy wire i could use a description of best one to use.
duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

use a relay to power up all of the mobile video. 

run a 10 or 12 gauge wire from the battery to the relay, be sure to fuse the wire at the battery (10 to 15 amps)

use the radio's accessory wire to activate the relay.   wire the relay like this

pin 85   ground

pin 86 radio accessory wire

pin 87  battery positive

pin 30  output to all of the power leads of your mobile video equipment.

kvn5000 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2007 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thats easy enough, thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic