icon

radio, 88 mercedes 300se

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Blackiewrx 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
OK ive done lots of radio installs on older mercedes but this one is weird. it had an aftermarket in it that was stolen and the wires were cut off so couldnt see how it was wired before. This is 88 300se mercedes with two dash speakers two front door subs and rear components on the deck. as far as wireing up front there is only a cut data cord with 4 wires and grounded shielding?? it also has the fader in center consol. i tried poping the speakers from the wires behind the radio and at the fader and couldnt find one speaker??? how do i wire this car up for an sftermarket headunit up front without running wires everywhere?? (like the radio that was stolen out of it) i dont care if the front subs dont work just need dash speakers to work thanks.
03 wrx stage 4
Blackiewrx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
BTW this car does not have the traditional two sets of speaker wires that tie into the fader like every other older mercedes does. thanks
03 wrx stage 4
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

the vehicle in question has an external amplifier(s).  the turn-on lead will need to be triggered with the remote on lead of the head unit.  can you identify wiring at the radio opening that you feel is for the radio?...colors, connections to old radio wiring, etc.    red...battery, brown...ground, black...accessory,  grey...illumination, blue...power antenna, another black...amp turn-on.  there maybe others.

good luck, hope this helps

m

Blackiewrx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
thanks mr ween!! im about to go look at the car again, i did notice two black wires that were tied together with a butt conector, and seperate blue wire for the power ant. i bet those black wires might be the amp turn on wires. i will try and let you know, thanks.
03 wrx stage 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic