the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 Vue and 555L

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know why Directechs does not list the 555L/556L as an option for the 2004 VUE? I was asked this question today and can not establish why. The person installed the 555 and said everything worked fine, bypasskit.com lists the PLJX (to my knowledge this is just their version of the 555L resistance learning bypass)as being an option, but DEI does not list the 555L as being an option. Again, he said all seemed well with the car but I would like to know if anyone can tell me if the 555L could cause problems down the road. DEI does list the vehicle as Passlock II, and tells you to reference their old document #1048 but this document just covers how to bypass Passlock II with resistors and relays. So why would DEI not list the 555L/556L as an option? If anyone has any insight, please let me know.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

I did a 06 Saturn Vue recently and I had never done one before.  So, I did some research and remember reading that the Vue doesn't like the 555L/556L and that after a while the unit needs to be reprogrammed.  I can't remember what I exactly read but it seemed to be along the lines of the security light coming on, but everything still working fine.  People said it was best to use the 2 relays and resistor method rather than the "learning" bypass modules, So thats what I did, Its been a few month with no problems.  I read that the old fashion Potentiometer style bypasses also work well with that car.  The 05/06 hummer also don't like those "learning" bypasses. I also read that a FEW people didn't have any problems with the 555l/556l so you might be OK.

So thats what I had found.  Hopefully you'll be OK, Otherwise the Old fashion way definitely the way to go on that car.

Frank

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
We've got a good-sized account with a Saturn dealer where I work, and use an Audiovox bypass that's similar to the 555L.
About 90-95% of them never come back. But I do see a handful of them come back, with no apparent problems with the installation. I usually double-check the install, put in another bypass, and they seem to work fine.
I did do a remote start in a used 2004 Vue, and at first it seemed that NOTHING I did worked reliably----not even doing a permanent bypass with a resistor.
What I ended up having to do was select a totally different resistor, and go through GM's 30-minute programming procedure to teach the new resistance to the car. That seemed to work, and the car didn't come back after that.
So, in summary, you'll be ok most of the time with the 555L, with the occasional comeback, unfortunately. If you need 100%, you might be better off with the relay/resistor method.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies, I will forward the information.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic