icon

Programming Audiovox 996a?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ls6caddy 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  

I've searched all the posts but couldn't find the answer to this..so: How do you change the arm/disarm chirp to silent?  In the manual it says you have to enable the option where you can make the alarm arm/disarm silently if you hold the button for 2 seconds.  Need to know how to enable this option when programming!  I know how to permanently disable it with the valet switch, but I wanted to be able to leave it audible and have the option to silent it at night.  Hope this makes sense. 

Also, I've seen that other people have had problems with the shock sensor going off when vehicle is remote started.  I also have this problem and the manual does clearly state that it should automatically be bypassed when using the starter.  Hoping someone out there has some input to these problems.

Thanks in advance. 

GMC 2006 Sierra Crewcab Duramax Diesel

Audiovox APS-996a

wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Have a look at this manual.
~wirewise~
ls6caddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  

Wirewise...thanks but I've tried all that already. In the manual: programmable feature #12 is to delete the chirp from the transmitter.  I still can't figure out how to silent the arm/disarm chirp from the siren using the remotes.  I know in previous DEI installations..I would just hold the arm/disarm  button which would silent the siren and you would just get the confirmation from the lights flashing.  The owner's manual of the Audiovox says the same thing, but it has to be programmed by the installer (that would be me) which I can't seem to figure out.  Thanks for trying. Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about...or is the manual just wrong?

dskemaite 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

dude

tunr the ignition key on then off.

within 10 seconds,press and release valet switch three time.

if the chirps were on before you starter, then you will hear two shirps indicating they have been turned off

eddddddddddddiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee
ls6caddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

Eddie,

Thanks..I know how to turn it off like that.  But in the manual it says you can temporarily arm/disarm silently or with chirp if you just hold the button on the remote for 2 seconds.  So that way I can get the chirp confirmation during the day...and at night I can just hold the remote button to arm/disarm silently.  This is done on an as needed basis as opposed to permanently deleting with the valet button.  This feature supposedly has to be programmed but I can't figure out how to do that!  That is what I'm looking to do.  Thank you for your help though, I appreciate it.Programming Audiovox 996a? - Last Post -- posted image.

Tim

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic