icon

2001 Pathfinder w/Bose integration harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
madmike283 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

Hey 12V'ers, I'm looking at getting an AVN5500 for my new '01 Pathfinder LE with the Bose system.  I'm not all hard up to upgrade the speakers right now, so I'd like to just install the HU and integrate it into the factory amps/speakers.  Is this adapter http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dLgUuMdi6UE/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=142C4NN03 the one that I need?  Is there something out there that will work better?  I'll need the antenna adapter as well, right?

I searched around a bit and couldn't find a whole lot, so I hope I can get a little help here.  Thanks for your time, and I look forward to getting this stuff installed.

Mike

Silvrefox 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, that looks like it'll do the job you want. And yeah, you will need an antenna adaptor. I just put an AVN5500 in a 01 Pathfinder exactly like yours. Looks real good when finished. I used a different amplifier bypass (Best Buy) and the only issue I had was I went around the power, ground, remote around the bypass itself as it caused some weird amplifier turn on issues.
madmike283 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2007 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

Great, thanks for the info.  You don't happen to have any photos of the install do you?  How did you fix the issue you mentioned, or did you just try to wire it differently than recommended at first?

I just found the SVEN4 adapter and the other Nissan specific harness SVHNI2 for the SVEN4.  That's basically the same thing as the Scosche piece I linked above, right?  Thanks for the info.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic