icon

'01 malibu 555l and 564t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
x87bliss 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed the Hornet 564T in my '01 Malibu. I also included the 555L in the install, as needed.
The car starts fine with the Key, but does interesting thing with remote start. When I try to remote start, the lights on the dash come on showing the Ignition wires is getting power. The theft system light comes on. Then it cranks the starter, and the RPMs start to rise to about 1k and the Theft System Light turns off, and the starter stops cranking. Once the RPMs get to about 1k the Theft System Light turns on again, and the engine dies.
I read in one post that if the 555L wasn't installed correctly the starter won't even try to crank. Is this true? I don't understand what the problem could be, and would appreciate any help. Thanks
x87bliss 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
P.S.
After the engine dies, the Theft System Light turns off again and stays off.
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
are you actually getting power at the ignition wires?? and the starter wire?? if the theft light comes on, you are not getting correct resistance. I would re-program the 555L(after verifying all connections and voltage) then try it again.
x87bliss 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, I appreciate your speedy response. All the wires seem to be getting power. I tested with a DMM. The light does come on, so I assume it's the wrong resistance. It did work a few times after I first put it in, but it stopped working by the end of the day. I lost the instructions for the by-pass, so I don't know how to program it. And I mistakenly put down I am using a 555L, I am actually using a 556L. The 556L should still work for 555L cars tho, but I believe it has a different programming process. Do you know how to do it?
x87bliss 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
I found the instructions and reprogrammed it. It now works again :)
However I am still puzzled about why it lost the programming? The battery has not been disconnected or anything. Is this something that is going to have to be occasionally reprogrammed?
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

if the module is good, and its hooked up correct, you shouldnt have to program it more than once.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic