icon

short circuit my alarm!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bk_from_tx 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, i just had cartoys do a install on my truck, i just got it lastnite.......well today my little brother was being a retard and was messing with my scanner ( varad scanner) . he said that he got a screw driver and put it on the connections of the scanner, i cant remember but i think they are red, black, and orange......well then after that he said a 'spark" coming from it!! ........ok when i try to arm my alarm it does nothing......the doors dont lock and the siren does not chirp..........what did he do?? is this a easy fix?? or did he short-circuit my alarm??  o and the guys at car toys did not do a post install walk around with me ........so idk.............please reply soon....thanks
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

the sensor has 2 inputs + and -  and has one output - to the alarm.

If he crossed the + input with the - output to the alarm, he could have done some serious damage

but before you freakout check all the fuses - becouse if he shorted the 2 inputs - and + he should have poped a fuse before any real damage happend.

imseth85 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
I've seen some units get fully shorted out from that, depends on the make. Some units even have to see the led as part of the circuit in order to function, so try plugging a new led in.
Seth Alvo     NY
Mobile Electronics Installer
bk_from_tx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

The truck is a 2006 dodge ram and the alarm is a python 1600xp

bk_from_tx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
later that day, i went out to dinner, and when i came back out the truck would not start!!  it did not even try to crank up.  i got someone to give me some jumper cables, well we opened the battery up and it had no battery acid at all, this guy added water to the battery and put the cables back on for 20 minutes, then he said turn on the head lights, i was like why the head lights, he said just do it......then i tried to turn on the truck and the started right up!  
bk_from_tx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
ok, i found a bad fuse, and the alarm work good now, but do you guys think this had anything to do with the battery going dead? i dont know to much about this stuff, but it sounds like it might be a bad ground so the amp might be draining my battery, but i dont know, any ideas guys??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic