2001 chevy 1500 no start w/design tech

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rogerhouston 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
Hello!
I have a dealer installed design tech 40027 remote starter.
This morning I key started the truck, drove around and shut off.
2 hrs later hit the remote starter, heard the "honk", came out 5 minutes later to a dead truck.
With the key, the engine will start and run for about a 1/2 sec then quit.
The remote starter bypass module indicates power (I press the button and the LED flashes)
The button/indicator is unlit.
The truck doesn't respond to any of the signals from the design tech remote- but will lock and unlock with the Chevy remote.
I have:
Left the key in the on position for 15min to reset the security system- no change.
Verified power and gound on the remote module.
I have repeatedly gone through the remote module initialization process without sucess- the button/indicator will not light up.
I wized that:
The remote module power(pink) is un-fused and stuck on some random pin the control box just in fron the of the drivers left foot
The bypass module power (red) is also unfused and stuffed into the airbag fuse receptacle along with the fuse.
I have unplugged everything to see if I could get the truck to start- no joy.
I've not been happy with this remote starting system since it was installed- unlocking the doors would set off the "panic" alarm and the run time is just too short to get the trruck warmed up.
At this point I'd be happy just to get this truck started and never use the remote starter again (or the security system for that matter)
Any advice would be greatly apreciated
Cheers,
Cliff
quig19 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Left the key in the on position for 15min to reset the security system- no change <---- can U still start the truck with key???
have repeatedly gone through the remote module initialization process without sucess- the button/indicator will not light up. <-- have U looked @ the hood pin switch to see if it is grounding out the circuit?? Take it back to the "dealer" in question and tell them to fix it... (sorry to be so harsh) but any reputable dealer will fix the problem...
rogerhouston 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
>Left the key in the on position for 15min to reset the security
>system- no change <---- can U still start the truck with key???
No the truck will not run for more than 1/2sec sec or so.
The remote start is a brick.
>have repeatedly gone through the remote module initialization process
>without sucess- the button/indicator will not light up. <-- have U
>looked @ the hood pin switch to see if it is grounding out the
>circuit??
I briefly looked for a hood pin switch...but was not able to find one.
>Take it back to the "dealer" in question and tell them to fix it...
>(sorry to be so harsh) but any reputable dealer will fix the
>problem...
It's ok be harsh. I'm trying avoid a very annoying Monday. We're pretty far out (+30mi) and judging from the current installation, I'm not really convinced that the repair will be any better and the original job. I have arranged for them to tow it. But like I said, if their was a way for me in the field to bypass the remote starter altogether and get this truck to key start, it would be very convenient. I was able to find the installation manual for the remote starter, just not the bypass module.
My assumption is that the Bypass module is the real culprit for not letting this truck key start. This isn't rocket science, it's just knowing which pins to shunt and I don't want to blindly start crossing wires.
Best regards,
Cliff
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you have a passlock problem. It may be the connections from the bypass unit to the passlock wires that have failed or it may be the truck itself. It would be helpful to know what bypass was used on your truck so that that could be ruled out as a possiblility.
quig19 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
it also sounds like they cut some of the passlock wires ...
rogerhouston 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks to all for taking the time to look this over.
It's getting hauled back tomorrow for diagnosis and repair.
I've confirmed that there isn't a hood pin switch installed.
I wasn't able to get the passlock module model as the label is stuck to the electrical tape they used to wrap the remote starter box to the passlock module. The patent label shows Trilogix Electronics Systems.
If I get a definitive answer on this issue from the dealer(other than their hack job came back to bite them), I'll post it.
Best regards,
Cliff
rogerhouston 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks to all for taking the time to look this over.
It's getting hauled back tomorrow for diagnosis and repair.
I've confirmed that there isn't a hood pin switch installed.
I wasn't able to get the passlock module model as the label is stuck to the electrical tape they used to wrap the remote starter box to the passlock module. The patent label shows Trilogix Electronics Systems.
If I get a definitive answer on this issue from the dealer(other than their hack job came back to bite them), I'll post it.
Best regards,
Cliff

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic