icon

06 ram with 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mugpar 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Just finished a 06 ram, put in a 791xv. The alarm functions great. The remote start when activated just clicks the starter, will not turn over. I hooked up the relays per the 1084 document, except i was told for the ram to hook up the accy relay with #87 terminal of the relay to the PURPLE / orange wire found in the ignition harness. Everything is hooked up and checked.
any ideas?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
Try switching it to voltage sensing. I had this same exact problem with an 05..for some reason the tach reference wire I was on (injector) would 'spike' when the starter would start to engage. No idea why. I switched to a different injector after trying voltage sensing and it has been fine since.
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
I tried that, but still same thing, the starter just ticks.
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
the 2nd ignition needs to be powered up BEFORE the first.  use the blue (-) status output from the satellite relay pack of the 791 as a trigger on a relay. should solve your problem...
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2007 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
So i would hook it up to the second starter relay right? To which wire of the relay. Thanks
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2007 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

There is no 2nd ignition on this truck.

Does this truck have the dk gree / YELLOW starter wire. I have had soem problems with the new ones that don't have the starter wire. I have done r/s's in about 30 of these trucks, and while they usally work fine, someitmes extra measures are required. You can tag the solenoid directly at the starter if it isn't cranking correctly. sometimes that works.

Are you using a mosule to bypass security? Peripherl makes a great one called the xk532. That will do your transponder, keyless, security, and 2nd start and accessory for you.

Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2007 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
The truck does have the dk green / yellow starter wire. Here is my hookup for the relay satellite, purple is going to starter side of dark green / yellow wire in the igntion, green is going to the key side of the wire. The 2 red wires are going to 12v. Orange goes to pin 85 on the relay (relays i will explain later). Pink/white is not used, there is no ignition wire, RED / white is going to 12v, pink is going to pink/white in the ignition.
Heres my relays. The 2nd start relay pin 86 goes to 12v, pin 30 goes to vehicle side of PURPLE / brown wire in ignition. Pin 85 goes to violet starter output from the relay satellite. 87 is going to ground with a resistor.
The accessory relay is as follows. pin 30 goes to vehicle side of PURPLE / brown accy wire. pin 85 goes to accy wire on satellite relay. pin 87 is grounded with resistor. pin 86 goes to 12v. pin 87a goes to key side of PURPLE / brown accy wire.
Does this look correct? Because the truck still just ticks when you try to r/s.
Tragik, there is a dk green / yellow starter wire.
speed of sound 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2007 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
make sure the second starter is negative through correct resistance and you go to the battery direct for 12 volt constant. the transponder and ignition wires need to be powered up at the same time to bypass the factory alarm.
Speed of Sound Technologies
230 pershing Dr
Ansonia, CT 06401
203-954-0066
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 17, 2007 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

dre187 wrote:
the 2nd ignition needs to be powered up BEFORE the first.  use the blue (-) status output from the satellite relay pack of the 791 as a trigger on a relay. should solve your problem...

This applies to an 05, not an 06.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic