icon

scytek vision guard 8000, r/s problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slinky85 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1985 Corvette and installed first, a Bulldog remote start, and now a ScyTek Vision Guard 8000.
I hooked everything up and checked my connections. Then I pushed the Remote Start button... parking light flash 3x, the ignition turned on, accessory (heat) turned on, followed by the crank. I accidentally left my foot on the brake, and disabled the start. I let off the brake and tried again. The parking light flashed 3x then the ignition turned on and then everything stopped, ie- no start.
I unplugged the 6 pin connector (from the alarm/rs brain)and tried again. all the relays clicked normally as if nothing had happened.
Everything else works perfectly.
This also happened with th bulldog unit i had previously. I installed it in my mom's (1998-ish)ford van to test it and there were no problems. I put it in my corvette and the exact same thing happened, except I didn't screw up and leave my foot on the brake. I tested the unit with multiple test lights and all them lighted up in proper sequence for a remote start.
My car has no VATS or anything just a standard factory alarm that I never enable.
Am I supposed to attach the ign./acc./12v+/starter wires directly to their respective wire through relays/diodes...?
Did i screw up the brain somehow?
Can any one offer some insight on my problems?
I have tried to troubleshoot.
Please ask questions if you need more info.
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2007 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
something don't sound right,It shouldn't have even cranked if you had your foot on the brake.I would check the hoodpin wire and make sure it's not grounded and double check the brake wire.
slinky85 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

I left the hood pin disconnected for the moment.  it isnt used for anything except hood/trunk entry and r/s disable.

I Know I tapped the right brake wire even, even if it was a bad connection it wouldnt matter its a n/o circuit anyway.

I was thinking about it, the ignition output is connnected to the ignition... but so is the ignition input (i think this is what tells the brain my key is in)  would this be why it shuts down right after ign. on?

this may not be the problem, so any other questions or help is still appreciated

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
Is this a manual transmission unit?The small yellow wire is suppose to go to the Ignition 1 wire(pink)so that's not the problem.The notes I see say that there is a VAT'S system in that year vette.
CHEVROLET

MODEL YEAR(S)
CORVETTE   1984 -1985
KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
N/A    N/A    GM's VATS ANTI-THEFT System (if Equipped, Ignition Key has Chip) Requires 791 Bypass Module
PART   COLOR LOCATION DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT   RED (+)    IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
STARTER YELLOW (+)   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
STARTER 2 N/A      
IGNITION 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS   
IGNITION 2 N/A       
IGNITION 3 N/A       
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 ORANGE (+)   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A       
KEYSENSE N/A       
PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) N/A       
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) BROWN (+)   @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH     
POWER LOCK LIGHT BLUE (TYPE A)   IN EITHER KICK PANEL     
POWER UNLOCK BLACK (TYPE A)   IN EITHER KICK PANEL     
LOCK MOTOR WIRE GRAY (+)   IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, at DOOR HARNESS     
DOOR TRIGGER WHITE (-)   @ UNDER DASH LIGHT     
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION USE DOOR TRIGGER, Requires #775 Relay       
TRUNK RELEASE BROWN (-), Requires #775 Relay   @ HATCH RELEASE SWITCH     
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A       
HORN BLACK (-)   @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS     
TACH WHITE or PURPLE / WHITE   @ IGNITION COIL or DISTRIBUTOR     
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A       
BRAKE WHITE (+)   @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL     
FACTORY ALARM DISARM   LIGHT GREEN (-)   IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL     
ANTI-THEFT See NOTE *1   GM's VATS System @ Ignition Switch     
NOTES
NOTE *1 The VATS (Vehicle Anti-Theft System) wire may be (2) thin YELLOW wires, (2) thin TAN wires or (2) thin WHITE wires, these wires are usually in a ORANGE or BLACK HEAT SHRINK TUBE, but at times are left out of the tube and ran by themselves

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic