icon

2002 toyota tacoma clutch bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marioelchino 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  

hey everyone, i am installing a r/s on a 2002 toyota tacoma. how do i correctly bypass the clutch? i tested the clutch wires and one stays neg all the time, and the other shows nothing until u press the clutch. it then shows neg with the key in the ignition and the clutch depressed. this truck also has a buttton on the dash that you can press and will temperarily bypass the clutch. i tested the wires behind it and one becomes neg. when you depress the button. also the truck has a key sence wire. do i have to connect this wire to anything? any help would be great

Thanx

mario
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  
marioelchino 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  

if i am not mistaking, i have a neg. system. correct?  what about keysence?

Thanx for your help dragon.

mario
csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
I dont think  the keysense matters in regards to the clutch bypass, if you do what was shown to you in the diagram the car will operate fine.  The keysense is just to turn the domelight on when you take the key out of the ignition and off when your driving.
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
take those 2 wires from your clutch switch... cut them.... tie them together... done.
Matthew Robertson
Senior Installer
Best Buy Deerfoot Meadows
Calgary, AB, Canada
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
410440 wrote:
take those 2 wires from your clutch switch... cut them.... tie them together... done.
that isn't the correct or safe way to bypass the clutch switch.That will bypass the switch all the time which is very unsafe. They put that switch there for a reason. Take a couple extra minutes and do the job right.
jmacf14
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

If you are using a manual "safe" remote starter....connect your starter output from the unit directly to the blk/wht at the clutch switch. Done.!

If you aren't using a manual safe unit.....pretend I didn't post this information.2002 toyota tacoma clutch bypass -- posted image.

Try and remeber in future posts....include what your installing.

dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

410440 wrote:

You can use a relay to bypass the clutch during remote start. do not cut the wires, simply wire the relay like this....

85 - 'ground out when running' or 'status' output from remote start

86 - 12v constant

30 - TAP INTO one of the wires on the switch

87 - TAP INTO the other wire on the switch

this way you will only bypass the clutch during remote start. cutting and connecting the wires is not only the incorrect way, but you would not even be able to drive since the clutch would constantly be depressed.

csnut18 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
Of course tying them together is incorrect and will alow the car to start while in gear which is a recipe for disaster but as far as "not being able to drive." What do you mean by that?. I have a manual and once the car is started all those wires can possibly interfere with is your cruise control. You can drive perfectly with the wires connected. On a side note I do think your relay is better and more universal than the usual -2nd starter or status out to the - clutch wire. Thanx for sharing it
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Save us all some headache, tell us what your installing?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic