icon

viper 560xv, 05 altima ser remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bordesd 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

I'm working on an '05 Altima SER and cannot seem to locate the RED / blue parking lights wire that you refer to in your table.  I assume you are referring to the orange harness in the drivers kick panel?  The harness in this car has 2 reds and 1 blue, but no RED / blue wire. 

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer,

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
red and blue 16 pin white connector drivers kick.. 2nd wire down on the right side row of the connector..[way up there] if you have auto lite ya may have to send a pulse to turn the lights off after rs shut down.. green and yellow (-) pin 33 SECU module...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2007 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
I always get it at the dashboard dimmer switch.
When you test the wire, test with the dimmer switch plugged in.
And while testing, move the dimmer up and down, to verify that you've got the true parking light wire, and not the dimmer wire.
If you instead test with the dimmer switch unplugged, you will find what appear to be two positive parking light wires........but if you connect tothe wrong one, you'll burn out the dimmer switch.
bordesd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
I recently installed a Viper 556xv alarm in an '05 Altima SER and have been unable to get the remote start feature to work.  All other features of the alarm work fine, but when trying to activate the remote start there is absolutely nothing?  I have the 555u transponder installed using the primary configuration and the transmitter ring is correctly placed.  Is there something that I have missed, or could it be a problem with the key in the transponder(valet key)?  I tried leaving the chipped key in the ignition during a test and still got no response from the remote start function.  I'm wondering if I made a mistake in wiring the heavy gauge relay.  I believe I read in one of the posts that larger of the two black and red wires at the ignition is the starter wire and the smaller is the primary ignition?

If anyone has a recommendation as to why this is not working it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

The small one is Ign.  Did you get the second starter as well?

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2007 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
If nothing is happening whatsoever, two things it will be. First, the hoodpin gray needs to see zero ground. Is it working correctly? Second, the BLACK/ white has to see ground. Did you install the switch and is it on? If either of these aren't correct the RS will do absolutely nothing....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
bordesd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2007 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

I have the Pink/White wire connected to the BLACK / YELLOW wire to operate the second starter, is this correct? 

Thanks for the feedback,

bordesd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2007 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

The hoodpin switch is depressed and shows zero ground when the hood is shut, and I have the BLACK/ White wire direct connect to a chassis ground (it's an automatic and won't start in gear). 

This on has got me stumped....

jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
no pink white is for 2nd ignition, you need to wire in a relay to control the 2nd starter wire, the way you have it wired your 2nd starter wire is seeing 12volt when starter turns on, and during entire timing sequence which may or may not be your problem, but it definately cant be good
also check your brown wire( to the brake shut down) if it is seeing 12volts the unit will not try to start
bordesd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

O.K., isn't the black and yellow the secondary ignition wire on the altima, or isn't it necessary to connect the pink and white wire at all?  Should the pink and white wire be connected to the white and blue 2nd accesory wire?  I will set up a relay for the 2nd starter wire and see if that works.

Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic