icon

06 ion Ultra Start 1250TL, 555LW

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
upsidedown 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
About the 555LW for the Saturn Ion, I just got off the phone with directed about the problem I am having with my setup and they claim the 555LW is not suitable for my 2006 Ion install.  They suggested the relay and resistor pak method...My car remote starts OK, but the passlock light stays on, everything works fine during a key start only.  Also had an issue with the door locks, since they use a 2 wire contol at the switch, one way feeds thru a resistor and the other straight thru (they reverse the signal at the switch)...I just built up a relay pak with a resistor on one trigger and the reverse straight wired, it works fine.  Directed also said the 556LW is not suitable either, anyone have any luck with it on a Saturn Ion?
one day older, 2X smarter!!!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2007 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  
upsidedown, are you serious? DEI tech seems to have a reputation for giving inconsistent information.
If the 555L isn't suitable for use on an Ion, then, um, why did they write a technical document on specifically how to use it? Man.
http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1610.pdf
I happen to install Audiovox, so we use their AS-GM4, but it's the exact same idea as a 555L.........we've been using them on Ions for five years now, and yes, it works.
I do have one customer who reports the exact same problem you do-----it works, but the security light comes on during remote start. I still haven't had a chance to look at the car yet, though.
I would suggest unplugging the bypass unit for a few minutes, plugging it back in, and then re-program it two or three times in a row.
I am pretty sure that if the 555L has already been used, simply re-programming it once isn't enough to "re-teach" it.
upsidedown 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2007 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
chris, just repeating what directed said, and yes i wired it up using there doc 1610, go figure.  i will try the reprogram thing also.  i was wondering about the ign. trigger from my ultra start 1250 since it goes directly to my car ign. and not thru the rs.
upsidedown 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2007 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

I just completed my install on my 06 Saturn Ion using a Ultra Start 1250TL and a 555LW module.  Car rs but dash passlock light stays on.  I connected the blue ign. wire from the 1250 to the cars ign along with all the wiring Doc 1610 shows for the 555 i.e.: red to +12, black to chassis ground, blue/blk to rs -GWR, pink to yellow starter signal from rs, and interupted the white ign. wires with the yellow and yel/blk from the 555LW.  Car key starts fine and passlock light goes out, but while rs the passlock light stays on, even if I insert the key at that point and do a crank signal.  I can still drive it but light is bothering me and I am wondering if I should have connected the blue wire from the 1250tl to the ign. of car.  any ideas? 

upsidedown 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
hello again, finally got the setup working.  turns out the problem was with the wiring from the rs to 555l.  i had orig used the yellow wire start signal from the 1250tl, needed to use the aux output white wire and set it for ign2...thanks to all for the advice.   my experiance with DEI, they suck when it comes to customer service, 2 calls and 2 diff answers to the same problem 2 diff times.  even thou i called there DIY help line, they still wanted to badger me about where i got doc this and that, wise up DEI if you give me sh**, i will simply stop buying any of your products!...ultra start seems like a great/ok unit, but again their customer service is lacking.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic