the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

best method to pay installers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2007 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
I have been paying my guys by the hour and I need a better solution...unless this is the best. I often need them for odds and end jobs so straight commision won't work, but I also need time efficiency and responsibility. Right now if there is an oversight (oops! forgot about the factory alarm) it comes out of my pocket. Don't get me wrong, all of my boys are great, but I would like to know of a system that is tried and true.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2007 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
Straight commission works very well in a busy shop and motivates installers to become more efficient with fewer come-backs, but since you seem to be against that because of the additional odd jobs you need, have you considered paying them a base salary plus commission? This may accomplish the same thing while making them feel like they're still being compensated for the occasional "odd and end" job. 
best method to pay installers - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
csorb 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks. What is a typical commission rate, and of net or gross?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
If you wanna go with a base + commision type system, my rate is base plus ten percent off all work preformed and I am happy with it. If you go strait commision its generally 40-50 percent of work preformed
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
csorb 
Posted: January 30, 2007 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Can you please give me some real numbers as an example? When you say 10 percent, do you mean of the entire sale or minus cost of goods sold, or neither? Thanks
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
csorb wrote:
Can you please give me some real numbers as an example? When you say 10 percent, do you mean of the entire sale or minus cost of goods sold, or neither? Thanks
Raven works for a company that pays salary +10% of labour performed.
I work for a company that pays straight commision but it we're required to do work for the store we get paid by the hour for that work.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
hottwhyrd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

i get 15 an hour minimum  or 50% commision wichevers higher

it kind of sucks during 9 months of the year but christmas is killer!

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

extreme1 wrote:
csorb wrote:
Raven works for a company that pays salary +10% of labour performed.
I work for a company that pays straight commision but it we're required to do work for the store we get paid by the hour for that work.

Bingo, so if we charge 50 bux for a deck and I make 15 dollars an hour than I make 15 + 5 = 20bux total.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic