icon

07 camry hybrid, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone do one of these yet? A customer wants one installed, but doesn't have the vehicle yet. I havn't seen one so any info would be great! I don't know if they use a key or a smart start system, he seemed to think it was a smart start..    As always, thanks guys....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

Just did one tonight.  I used the fortin/crimestopper bypass and it seemed to work fine.  It was a smart key system BTW.  All of the wiring is the same as the regular camry....for the remote start, I powered up the brake wire with ignition and hit the start/stop button with a (-) start signal.  I didn't hook up the yellow wire on the fortin keyoveride SL bypass, since I was doing an alarm/rs unit.   I hooked up the hoodpin wire to the driver's door pin to shutdown the RS.  The car stays running even after the RS shuts down.   Programming notes - Turned off ignition lock and unlock, Turned off engine checking.  Good luck.  I threw some kind of code or something for the brake system...ABS/VDC system lights were on.  I think that I threw the lights with my tester when I was looking for the right brake wire...which is white at the brake switch.

Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
Ok cool, hanks for the info.... the car stays running after rs ehh? how does that work? does it still think the key is there or something... or does it shut down when the door is opened? a tad confused on that.. if th rs shuts down by itself [after runtime] then how does pulsing the hoodpin shut the car off? I can see that working while the rs is active... explain if ya could, Im probably being dense.. it'sgetting late...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  

Good God Hymer.....have you looked at the Astrochart on this car.....holly cow.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this car is "easy"

Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
No i glanced at it realquick, I was closing as the cat walked in... Ill check her out tommorow I guess..   it suck that astro chart wont work on a mac.... sheesh....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
Just checked it out on Astro, it doesn't look too bad, but definitly a different install... I guess Ill see when the guy gets his car.... Need to get OM-FOT1 and whatever the tach generator deal is.... ever use it?
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I got one of the mechanics to put the scan tool on the car.  He cleared the codes and everything was fine.

I am thinking of making the car shut off when the driver's door is opened.  When the car stays running after rs shutdown, I don't know if it'll run forever or not.  I'll have to hook up a set of relays to shutdown the car when the driver's door is opened and it is remote started. 

Other than that, the customer is pretty happy. 

dnt408 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2007 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
hey rabenoja why do you need to turn off the engine checking?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic