icon

1998 dakota rt, viper 791vx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
losthopes93 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
i just recently bought a viper 791vx for my dodge dakota RT and i need to know what wires to hook it up to, and also how to hook up the remote start. Can somebody please help me i like work on my truck myself and dont habe the money to get it done professionally right now but i need the security PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

If you have NEVER done an install of this magnatude, I might suggest finding some real help that you can learn from "in person" Typically you learn to walk before you run. You learn about rerlays, do an install for keyless entry....maybe an alarm or 2, THEN you hit the remote starts.

Save your money, and have it "professionally" installed, you only get one chance to get it right. And you more than likely purchased this unit "off line" and have NO WARRANTY.  Just my thoughts.....

f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
I have to agree with KarTuneMan. The money that you save by trying it yourself may not be worth the risk of what can be damaged from treading in unfamiliar water. You can buy the most expensive unit on the market but the install is always, always, always the most important part of the equation.
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

f150fan wrote:
I have to agree with KarTuneMan. The money that you save by trying it yourself may not be worth the risk of what can be damaged from treading in unfamiliar water. You can buy the most expensive unit on the market but the install is always, always, always the most important part of the equation.

Amen to that.1998 dakota rt, viper 791vx -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic