remote starter only

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tabo 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hello Guys,
I'm installing a remote starter / security alarm to my 1993 acura integra. I only want to use the "remote starter function of the alarm" I have already installed the main components but it doesn't work... This is my very first time and I would like to know the following...
1. See diagram, can I use the remote start function only? I hooked up the following..
1. 12V constant
3. 12V constant
4. 12V output to accessory
6. 12V output to starter
7. 12V output to ignition
8. Ground
I even have the Antenna Module Assy there. I didn't use the relay kits that came with the wiring because the instructions were very poor and there were no instructions on the relay itself. Why doesn't the car start when I press the remote?
2. Can someone tell what I'm missing?
3. http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/diagram.asp?ModelID=12667&MakeID=6&link=BULLDOG
Can someone tell me what is necessary to get the remote starter working. The wires on the car are very thick, I had to use a exacto knife to remove the outer plastic and solder in the wires. I really want to get it working, any ideas? My car is automatic.
Best Regards,
Tabo
remote starter only -- posted image.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
I've only installed one Compustar, but I found the instructions to be better than most.
You'll still need to hook up brake, tach, program the tach rate, and program the remotes to the unit. (Compustars come with the remotes un-programmed.)
Also, it looks like the link you're giving is for Bulldog, but the picture you have here is of a Compustar......which is it? Just tell us what it is you're installing.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

If you have connected everything correctly.....did you cut the jumper on the brain? (the one for auto or manual) Hers a diagram for YOUR car and YOUR alarm/remote start.  The 1st column is a description, the second is the wire from the brain, the 3rd is the color of the wire on YOUR car, and the 4th is the location. The 5th is the wires polarity.....

12 VOLTS RED (CN1) White or WHITE/ black Ignition harness  
 IGNITION GREEN (CN1) BLACK / YELLOW Ignition harness  
 ACCESSORY WHITE (CN1) Yellow Ignition harness  
 ACCESSORY 2 WHITE/ BLACK (CN2) + Relay Blue/white Ignition harness  
 STARTER YELLOW (CN1)  BLACK/ white Ignition harness  
 KEY SENSE  Blue/white Ignition harness  
 TACH SIGNAL YELLOW/BLACK (CN3) Blue At coil on engine  AC 
 LOCK BLUE/BLACK (CN4) GREEN / WHITE In driver's kickpanel  
 UNLOCK BLUE (CN4) GREEN/ red In driver's kickpanel  
 DOORPIN RED / WHITE(-) or RED(+) (CN3) GREEN/ red In driver's kickpanel  
 TRUNK PIN VIOLET/BLACK (CN3) GREEN/ black In driver's kickpanel  
 TRUNK RELEASE VIOLET/WHITE (-) (CN4) Manual release    
 BRAKESWITCH LT.BLUE/WHITE (CN3) GREEN / WHITE At switch above brake pedal  
 PARKLIGHTS GREEN / WHITE (+) (CN1) or (-) (CN2) RED / green At light switch harness  
 HAND BRAKE LT.BLUE (CN3) Manual only RED / green In DKP or at Fusebox  
 HORN WHITE (-) (CN5) Blue/red At steering column  

tabo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Hello Chris,
Thanks alot for your reply, the kit is NUSTART which is actually the same company as Compustar. Basically there is no instructions on relays and how to add third party modules such as Transponders, or door locks, etc... They should make one thats more userfriendly, installing car stereos is much easier...
Steven
tabo 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hello Kartuneman,
Thank you so much, Looks like I'll be doing alot of fishing for wires this weekend!
Steven
throwback2332 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
It looks like the is for a manual vehicle. try hooking up the light blue wire to the ground wire, and be sure to hook up the brake wire before trying again.
If it's not custom, then it's not you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic