icon

older designtech

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rkaczar 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

anybody have any info on the older designtech remote starts. i have one which was installed in my dads old truck in 2003 and i took it out when he got an 07 which has factory installed starter. i no longer have the installation manual for certain wire colors on the unit and programming. i can't even find a model on it anywhere. if it helps it has a red and white buttons an a l.e.d on the unit itsself. its also a 5 button multi vehicle unit. i'd appreciate any help.

imseth85 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
just buy a new remote starter, it won't even cost that much. Older designtech units are not that good, and trying to install one that was already cut to size for a certain vehicle is going to be more trouble than it's worth. I'm not trying to discourage you, I've just done the same thing before and learned from my mistake.
Seth Alvo     NY
Mobile Electronics Installer
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
I'd have to agree with that. Those things are only like $40-50, and you'll easily double or triple the installation time.
But, DesignTech is now owned by Directed Electronics. You could try getting in touch with them at www.directed.com and see if they could help you track down a manual.
Or, maybe if you post a picture of it here, including the remote, someone might recognize it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic