icon

car alarm antennas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bailee 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
I was just wondering do they make a car alarm antenna that mounts out side of the car. just like the old cell phone antennas, or the satellite radio antennas. I think that would increases the range for the remotes?
throwback2332 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Never seen one, most just have a wired antenna mounted in the windshield. The seam to work pretty good. I work in a factory with thick glass windows i have a 2way pager i have put the pager remote antenna up to a metal beam to increase the distance sometimes.
If it's not custom, then it's not you.
bailee 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a autopage 860 and the range is great but I was just thinking because my antenna is mounted in the front window and sometimes when the truck is faceing away from me the range is not as good. so i thought why not make a outside antenna and the range would be greater.
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
unfortunatly theres no companies (at least brand name companies) that come with an externally mounted antenna. generally as long as you mount it in the middle of the windshield you get the best possible signal in the vehicle.
throwback2332 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2007 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Also ask yourself how far do you really need it? 1/2 mile great range, BUT you accdently mash unlock, do you know this chances are no. Your car is unlocked for, who knows how long. Most remotes should reach i sight.
If it's not custom, then it's not you.
bailee 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
just a thought. I don't worry about pushing my unlock button I have my alarm set to passive rearm and that also locks the doors agian after 30 seconds. thanks for the input .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic