icon

what subs to get

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
i like the 13v6v2's and ther 12 w7's but i was wondering witch one of those is gonna be louder both running the recomended rms power?
or should i just stay away from jl and buy somethin like re audio?
i want somethin loud. im lookin at 1 or 2 subs
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2007 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
go with the 13w6. what kind of music do you like? They both get loud, but if that is all you are looking for, the 13w6 will get louder - but that isnt what they are engineered for soley.
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

I always like the jl "6" series.  I am yet to be impressed by the "7" series.  they def. hit low, but that's about it.  maybe the 50+ cars i have heard with them just weren't tuned to my liking.  you want loud, all around with sound quality?  check out the boston acoustic g-5 subwoofers.  i have never been more astounded.  i have 4 g-5 12 dvc's in my '05 gmc sierra extended cab.  and i have the 4 12" gtr passive radiators smushed in the same box to compliment the subs (the passives are designed to run with these subs in the same box, same power handing, etc.  they claim that you just gain 3db per passive, and the passives are about $100 a piece).  the subs are only rated at 450 watts,  but i have 2 ppi pcx2400 amps running mono (1 amp to each pair)  and they can take it all.   they are absolutely nasty, for all types of music.  i haven't done an spl run yet, but any tones i play over 55hz, my cd player skips.  i have the best pioneer cd player made last year, and i cannot get it to stop skipping on these notes.  i am going to have to hold it outside vehicle to do spl runs.  and, with the passives, i hit every note, all the way down.     boston also makes a spg555 sub that is even better, but passives aren't designed for use with it.  the g-5 have replaceable spares, as they call them.  the spg's have replaceable coils, and soft part surrounds:  i will never have to buy another subwoofer just because i was playing it too hard.    also, at first, i hooked up two subs, with two passives to see how it was- sounded louder than the 4 twelves i had in it before!

check them out online- any questions, feel free to ask. i'll get some pics up soon-  everyone said i couldn't get 8 12's in my truck-ha-ha. 

(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic