2006 trailblazer lt, dei 561t, dei 457gw

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
apdmc6008 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
As the subject suggests, I'm working on installing a DEI/Valet 561T remote start, as well as a 457GW for the interface/Passlock override in my 2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT (pretty much all the options). I've been working on it for a while, however I am not getting the results I want. I apologize for the length of the post, but I want to try and have as much information as possible. Here is what I've got so far:
457GW
*Black - Ground
*Red - B+
Gray/Black - ?
RED / White - ?
BROWN / White - ?
Light Green - ?
*Blue/White - to the 561T 'status' wire (blue)
*Violet - to the violet wire @ the OBDII plug
Blue/White - ?
Green - ?
The 457GW has been properly programmed to learn the Passlock for the truck. It works, as I can get the remote start to run if I trigger the activate wire manually (see below). I don't have anything else on the 457GW wired - from what I've read that's all I need - am I correct?
561T
Heavy Wiring Harness (this one is done properly)
Pink - Ignition in column, Pink
Purple - Starter in column, Yellow
Orange - Accessory in column, Orange
Red - B+ from battery
Pink/White - Ignition 2 in column, Pink & White
Red - B+ from battery
Remote Start Harness / H2
*BLACK/ White - to ground
*Violet/White - not used, using voltage sense mode
*Brown - to brake switch under dashboard
*Gray - to hood pinswitch
Blue/White - ?
H1 9-pin Harness
1 Lite GREEN/ Black - ?
2 GREEN / WHITE -?
3 Yellow - ?
4 WHITE/ Blue - ?
5 Gray/Black - ?
6 WHITE/ Red - ?
7 RED / White - ?
* 8 Black - to ground
* 9 White - light flash
4-pin Satellite Harness
Blue - to blue/white on 457GW
Orange - not needed
Purple - not needed
Pink - not needed
I've followed the wiring diagram the best I could. It's been a long night. With what I have wired, when I touch the (-) activation input (WHITE/ blue on the 9-pin harness) to ground, the truck starts and runs fine - no security light, no other issues. What I'm in need of is how to interface the OEM remote so that it activates the RS module. I'm at a loss. I've read alot of the posts here on Trailblazer installs but none of them really spell it out too well (same for the manuals). I frequently install electronics - the emergency warning equipment type (lights/sirens/mobile radios) but this one has me stumped. If anyone could provide what the other wires go to, or anything else that would assist, it'd be a tremendous help. I've seen that some people have stated it's an easy truck to do an install in, and that it should be a quick install, so I'm almost certain I'm missing something that's right in front of me.
Thanks,
Chris
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
There should be a (+) activation input wire on the 561T. Probably in the H1 9-pin harness. I don't have a manual right now to check. You need to connect that to the drivers door power lock motor wire. That wire is located in the drivers door, at the drivers door module (door lock switch). It will be grey. When you press lock on the switch (or remote) it will show +12v.
apdmc6008 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
That was it...I thought there would have been another easier way, but I got to the wire and it works like a charm.
Thanks for your help,
--Chris
ziadmoh 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
hey, just use a kit called GMDL2 found in www.bypasskit.com It will lock/arm, unlock/disarm, turn on domelight/ headlight and much more. The most important thing is: It will roll up all windows when you lock the doors. Very sweet...
ZIAd

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic