icon

2004 gto, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xpertauto 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
trying remote start on 04 gto .. vats resistance pack is dong nothing for me ... the ohm resistance on the key is jumping all over the place .. does anyone have any advice or ever done this car?
xpertauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

alright then seems like yall might need some further info to solve this one .. i called dei before i even started and they referred me to directedhs document 1049 which is absolutely useless because the car i am working on has only one vats wire .. it is PURPLE / black and comes directly off the key cylinder ... in further discussions with dei they told me that i must ground this wire and determine the ohm resistance of the particular key for this vehicle .. when doing this originally i recieved a reading of 9530 .. and the 652t resistance pack comes with a diode that is the exact measurement so i test the remote start and it works fine .. fastforward to 2 hours later when i am patching up the dash i do one last test and the car trys to crank but wont start ..

so on to today

if i turn the car on with the key then turn it off and without the key remote start it, it works fine .. but if i wait ten minutes and try it it wont work ... i believe the reason it will work after i turn it on with the key is because it is still reading the resistance from the key ...

please help if u can !!!

xpertauto 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
anybody know how to bypass the vats in this car for remote start
geofbettis003 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
it won't work probably b/c its not vats...its the immobilizer bypass that you need. the dei 457gw will do the RS and door locks
I'm done trying to please others that get paid more just to give the keys back to the customer. Kill all the salespeople?~

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic