the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

crimestopper transmitters

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
I am not sure if there are alot of Crimestopper installers out there, but I have a question for you that have installed them. Do any of you have problems with the transmitters just stop working and then having to reprogram them? I seem to have more problems this year with these new style transmitters, especially the single button 1301s. Any ideas?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2007 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thge shop I am working part time for , used to install crimestopper.....In the past 3 months I have seen countless units with the problem you hae described....needless to say, they have become astro dealers.....
voluster 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2007 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

I'm working for a shop that was just bought from someone else that used to install crimestopper junk.

We took this business over 6 months ago. I've never seen so many people come back with one product in my life it's a running joke at my shop every see a crimestopper that did work.

We have converted some of the people to Viper or some other Dei product

But we see them come in from needing to be reprogramed to needing batteries to just plain stopped working all together. Seems once the battery drops below 12 volts in the remote the parties over

I think they are the biggest POS I ever seen

We must get 5 or 6 people in a day with these things. and we ask them how many times have you brought this back some say 3 to 4 times some say more then that. But the guy that used to own the place used to say oh when they come in and you fix it you look like a hero. but my way of seeing it is if you gotta go out and fix 6 of these POS a day how can you get anything else done. I don't wanna see the person come back till they are ready to buy something else

Don't even get me started on his installs we have had to fix

My opinion is CS is junk

Memphisman 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'm a CS dealer/installer and I'm searching for a new brand because I'm getting tired of constantly having to reprogramm transmitters. The only ones I don't seem to have a problem with are the higher line models.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
We did crimestopper when we first opened couldn't have been a worse decision. I stiil am re-programming remotes. Its sad they used to be a pretty solid product.....
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Used to sell CS & if it's less then 1 year old, I replace with another Brand product.
Crime Stopper is "Chicken Sxxx"
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
We used to sell crimestopper as well. Best thing my shop ever did was switch to DEI.
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2007 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
Well I have done alot of the Crimestoppers in this area. I am in Northern Maine so it is pretty rural. I have alot of repeat customers that have no problems at all, but have had many others with this issue. I do not want to screw up my reputation by installing junk. I think I do a pretty good install. Solder everything and make it look neat and clean. So now I am searching for another brand. I have a couple of Ultrastarts and a Autostart. Any other suggestions... and where I can get hooked up with a good dealer??
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2007 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
Wow.. I've installed nothing but Crimestopper as of now.. I've installed probably about 25 and so far I've just had one bad unit / brain that I needed to get replaced. The rest have been working fine.
I thought Crimestopper were considered to be some of the best in the business. What brand is the best? I thought AutoStart sucked. The only two people that I know that have one both have bad units.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 06, 2007 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
I find it difficult to label an entire brand as 'sucking'. Every manufacturer has had some type of defect at one time or another. Even the DEI product I use had a batch of XCRS packs that were wired incorrectly from the factory. Unfortunately though the Crimestopper product is known for having remote control problems, but I thought they had fixed it, evidentially not.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic