icon

boston pro60 and eclipse xa4000?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
3rd gen 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
Right now I have a set of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1's running off of the front channels of an Eclipse XA4000 with an Eclipse CD7000 head unit.
I am looking at the Boston Pro60's, but I noticed that they are rated at 125 watts RMS power handling, but have a 3 ohm impedance. The XA4000 is rated at 125 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms and 175 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms. Would the power output at 3 ohms be 150 watts RMS? Would the Pro60's be able to handle this?
I am looking for more volume from my system. I am extremely satisfied with the clarity, but would like it to be able to go louder. Is there any way to safely increase the volume with my current setup?
I am also very happy with how smooth the silk tweeters are in the Kappa Perfects. Would the Pro60's be overly harsh because of the alloy tweeters?
Out of these Component sets, which would perform the best(volume and clarity) for a lot of electronic music and hip-hop when running off of the XA4000?
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 (current)
Boston Pro60
Kicker SS65.2
Polk MMC6500
Suggestions?
Thanks for any help in advance!
3rd gen 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2007 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any advice?
3rd gen 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
Just realized the tweeters on the Perfect 6.1's are aluminum, so no worries about harshness.
Anyone have any advice for me?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic