icon

is a 03 tahoe pk2 or pk3?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timsauto 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I installed an autostart in my 2003 chevy tahoe, dei hornet 563T remote start, and i can not get the alarm to reconize the key, security light stays on while it tries to start over and over. I used a 457gw and a 555LW interface module. neither worked. their is no halo on the key cyl. not sure if its a PK2 or a PK3 their are 3 wires coming from lock cyl ....rd/wt.....blk......yellow , can anyone suggest which interface module i should use and help me with the wire colors                       Thanks rob
wlmpwlmp 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
your truck is pk2!!! you will use the yellow(+) and the black(-) wires to do your bypass, the white is not used. be sure your ignition 1 is pink and your ignition 2 is white(without this the car wont start. you will find more data at this link...http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2003/Chevrolet/Tahoe  i hope this helps!!
WesMan
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
457g should work just fine for that truck. It will do your door locks and passlock II bypass for you. I would not recommend using the 555lw due to the fact that you have to cut the passlock wires to make that module work. Also, Chevy has had a very high failure rate on the passlock II system. If you cut the passlock wires and and the passlock system fails GM will not warranty it or they will blame the rs.
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

gmdl-bp. done.

jmacf14
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
457G is much simplier than any others. When using the 457G, DO NOT use the 3 pin harness that comes with it. That is for PK3 only. The only wires needed for it to remote start is black(ground), red(12volts), blue(statis) and purple(data).
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
If you want it to work fully with your alarm, you also need to hook up door lock outputs from the RS to the 457G if you want the 563T to control the locks, as well as the door trigger output from the 457G to the alarm. Same as the GMDL-BP from bypasskit.com. These devices make life alot simpler when properly installed and programmed.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
2003 Tahoe has PASSLock II.......yes, "lock", not "key"---PASS-Key is an entirely different system.
As to which module you should use?
Either one will work for remote start. The 457G adds the ability to use the remote starter to control the factory doorlocks.
Also, if the security light is on steady, the PASSLock bypass probably isn't the problem. The light will flash when there's trouble.
What are you using for tach signal? Is the tach rate programmed to the remote starter? What happens if you re-program it for voltage sensing temporarily?
timsauto 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2007 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all the help , I will go back on the car in a few days, If I have any problems I let you know,

Thanks again,  Rob

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic