icon

lexus rx 300 bad amplifier?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nstaller36695 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
 ok this really sux i've got a customer that  should take her car to a dealer b/c  she wants it all oem but wants me to fix it. i checked the headunit output at the factory amplifier that was all good and it has a constant 12v and keyed 12v. i checked for audio output from the oem headunit still all good. so i went ahead and ran my wire from the battery. i used a standard toyota harness to get my speaker wires and used a factory amplifier integration harness for my low input to the pioneer amplifier put the fuse in and it worked fine. but for some reason the radio has no volume control. the harness for my low input is the integration harness with the rca's,are they backwards ? or should i just hit the junkyard and go back with a factory amplifier ? or what ? i want to say its a bad amplifier but with the headunit putting out constant signal idk.
the best part of a job is seeing the bumper get smaller over the horizon
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

you tried an aftermarket amp in place of the OEM and the volume control worked fine with the factory radio?  if this is true then it sounds like the factory amp is kaput.  if the volume knob doesnt work either way but you get more volume with the aftermarket amp, then the headunit is bad.

"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic