icon

2 way alarm w/turbo timer?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
g099521 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  

I've been looking at some of the 2-way alarm options that would allow me to program a countdown/turbo-timer for engine shut-off after the alarm is armed.

The one I had before was a Mannix 2-way, that had a 2 minute countdown (still have it but don't plan to intsall).  I understand that many of the remote start ones have this feature, but since they don't specifically say it in their adds or specs, I hate to just buy and hope that they have the feature.

Any recomendations for an alarm that will give me 60-300 second countdown?  This would go into a 1990 Toyota Supra (auto/turbo).  Thanx!

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Code Alarm has the ca 670 which has the turbo timer. Being that is a special feature, any product that doesnt say anything about having it, probably doesn't have it. I would research code, audiovox, and dei....i think they all have the feature on certain units.
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
from the basic 2270 start/alarm all the way up threw the 2ways ultra start has them...
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2007 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
The newest Audiovox 2-way units have a turbo timer, and I think there are a couple of options for choosing the runtime, too.
Pursuit PRO-9801
Prestige APS-997
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
  i believe all crimestopper r.s. have turbo timer, with programmable run time of 1-5 minutes. you just have to wire it up to a switch, (or e-brake wire,etc)
(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic