dealer recommendations alarm/starters

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racerrx-3 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

OK,

Used to be DEI dealer and became fed up (6 years ago) with quarterly minimum purchases.  Looking back into opening business back - up.  Looking for recommendations of alarm/ starter lines to carry with reasonable minimum purchases or good new manufacturer that is looking for long term relationships.  PM is fine or email  racerrx-3@msn.com if confidential.   Thanx in advance.....

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, we dont do a ton of remote starts, so DEI wasn't an option for us. We use Code Alarm and Audiovox, and i have nothing but good things to say about em. The prices are right,and the product is reliable. We buy from a local distrubutor, so we have no minimum purchases, we buy one at a time if needed.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
I have to agree. We are a large Avox dealer and a DEI dealer too. While i like the DEI stuff, the prices are getting out of control. Avox on the other hand is pretty reliable and the prices are much better.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
racerrx-3 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Quick question.  Are there two different lines (Audiovox)?  I see them at K-mart online, are they the same pieces?  I dont want to listen to "I can buy them at K-mart for $99.00. "How much to install?   I understand that times have changed and even with (dealer only) you can find anything on the net, but I was hoping to find something new and different!  Thanx.....  CHARLIE
airwolf 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

mikvot wrote:
Yeah, we dont do a ton of remote starts, so DEI wasn't an option for us. We use Code Alarm and Audiovox, and i have nothing but good things to say about em. The prices are right,and the product is reliable. We buy from a local distrubutor, so we have no minimum purchases, we buy one at a time if needed.

So what exactly are the best seller? Basic alarms?

Isaac

green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
We do AstroStart at our dealership. GREAT products, great tech support, and very good knowledge base wiring diagram system. Last year alone we did over 1700 astrostarts and the number continues to rise.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
racerrx-3 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Astrostart/Astroflex was bought by DEI in May of 2006??????  No changes since they were bought out? 
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
The Avox you buy in Walmart and the Avox you get for dealerwork is very simular but with a different name. This stops them from shopping as the dealrship line(called Pursuit) cannot be purchased retail anywhere. FYI, Code alarm is also the same stuff with a different name...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
The astrostarts are still "manufactured" by AstroFlex Incorporated. Still the exact same product, still call up to Canada (AstroFlex) for tech support. I have seen absolutely NO changes in quality, looks and appearance, function of Astro products since DEI basically just bought the "right". I will stand by this product. Its all I install and been doing this for going on 7 years now. I cannot stand DEI products and I have had nothing but terrible experiences with them. I know numerous seasoned installers in this board that will also agree and stand by the Astro products. Good luck in your search!
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
racerrx-3 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thanx for the info.......... 
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic