icon

rechargeable batteries in viper remote?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayno20 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
I have the viper 5900 and my remote eats batteries pretty quick so i figured i'd get some rechargeables... so i picked up some energizer e2 900MAH rechargeables, but for some reason even after being fully charged in the charger they read only half charged in my remote.. does anyone else use rechargeables in their remotes?
airwolf 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

Check if the rechargable battery has the same voltage. Some batterys are 1.5V and some rechargable batterys are 1.2V

Isaac

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
I use rechargable one and it does the job. You will not get full reading on the the rechargable one since it has low voltage reading as airwolf suggested. However, it's way better than buying new battery every few weeks.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.rechargeable batteries in viper remote? -- posted image.
jayno20 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
yeah i noticed the voltage difference too... but i have not been able to find a AAA battery that has the 1.5 volt... how long do ur rechargeable batteries last? cause if i put it in at half the life, odds are good i'll get 2 weeks max out of it.. when a regular 1.5 gives me closer to a month..?
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
I have 4 battery, so I change them every week. Doesn't make any sense to run the battery down and loose the performace of it when you are using your remote on a daily basis.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.rechargeable batteries in viper remote? -- posted image.
airwolf 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

jayno20 wrote:
yeah i noticed the voltage difference too... but i have not been able to find a AAA battery that has the 1.5 volt... how long do ur rechargeable batteries last? cause if i put it in at half the life, odds are good i'll get 2 weeks max out of it.. when a regular 1.5 gives me closer to a month..?

Nobody manufacture AAA 1.5V rechargable batteries.  Dont know why but all the ones that are rechargable are 1.2V

Isaac

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

buy a 12 pack of Duracell AAA's at Wal Mart  for $5 and you are good for a year.... dont be so cheap.... ha ha....

i have tried rechargables and found they crashed so quickly that some days i would arm my alarm in the morning and the battery would be so dead at 5:30 that i couldnt disarm it.....  i went back to regular Duracell AAA's  they are cheap and thats part of the cost of a good quality 2 way unit.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Try a lithium battery.I use them in my Ultra and Scytek 2 way remotes and get 4 - 6 mo's out of them.Russ.
BigDog
dre187 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
i heard about a new remote from our d.e.i. rep thats coming out soon and it charges like a cell phone. can't wait to see it, its supposed to replace the 2-ways they use for the 791, 5900, and 500.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
the new dei remote is the viper 7900 its color responder and rechargeable- but it is a very expensive remote.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic