icon

2007 honda element sc system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

Just made the initial purchase today for the 2007 Honda Element SC.

2-15" Rockford Fosgate T1 subs, Rockford Fosgate T10001BD. Still haven't decided on enclosure yet. Looking at slotted but not sure with space constraints. Will be upgrading the big three, optima battery, and a band-aid(5farad cap). I'm keeping the factory head deck for the xm radio and the ipod hookups. So I will be adding either a JL Audio Clean Sweep or Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1. I think I got a pretty good deal, the subs for $500 pair and the amp for $475. Oh the 5 farad stinger for $125.

jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
caps are a waste of money, you coulda saved up a little more and put a HO alternator which would have done alot more then a cap which will just hurt your electrical system .
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
For the price of a 5 farad cap...You can easily save up for a high output alternator
blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  

Just had a few questions for you.

First, from my readings on here I can upgrade my factory alternator without effecting my electrical system? The BD10001 has a 150amp rating and I will be adding another amp for mids and highs shortly after. So, I'm figuring at least 150amps for the system due the fact that I'm pretty sure the 150 rating on the amp is at peak. So its not gonna peak at all times. So I was thinking of upgrading to about a 200amp alternator. Sufficient enough to handle the load?

Second, after upgrading the alternator, would you recommend upgrading the battery or would the factory battery be sufficient?

And last, anything else I should be looking at when going for SPL?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic