2006 sienna remote start dei headlights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
concepts99 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

Just finished a DEI 950 in a Toyota Sienna 2006. Everything is working as planned. However, it is an XLE and it has automatic headlights. When the headlight swtich is in the AUTOMATIC setting and at night, when you lock the doors or when the remote start times out, it will NOT turn off the headlights.  The headlights remain on in the auto position after the remote start times out (at night) or when the doors are locked.

The info I have is that the lock is also the arming signal to the car which is how I have it hooked up.

However, pressing the FACTORY keyless entry transmitter LOCK button twice DOES shut off the headlights.

Has anyone run across this problem and any fix? It really sucks to HAVE TO MANUALLY turn off the automatic headlights just because of the remote start.

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

That is kinda strange since the vehicle itself should not even know a remote start unit is operating it. It should be doing the functions that the key would in normal use.

There is no notes I could find regarding this problem you are having. All I can suggest is to make sure the remote start wires are doing the same thing that the key does. If the problem does not happen when using the key it shouldn't with the RS. Perhaps it is something to do with 2nd ignition or keysense wire..did you check those possiblities?

Keep us posted, thanks

concepts99 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

My theory is that the factory automatic headlights does not shut off until you arm from the factory transmitter (I am going to test this tomorrow and post back with results)

cutter1122 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
2006 sienna remote start dei headlights -- posted image.2006 sienna remote start dei headlights -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

You need to "break" the auto light wire with a relay, so they do not come on during remote start. When I get home from work I will look it up and put up another post. Your relay will be triggered with a ground while running.

The lights should also "time out" and shut off......

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
Well there you go then..............2006 sienna remote start dei headlights -- posted image.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
I usually connect the rearm wire of the remote start to the drivers dor pin wire. The driver door pin wire is RED / yellow in the 16 pin plug, pin 14 at the BECU.
After the remote start times out, it will pulse the drivers door pin wire. The car thinks a door was opened, and then closed. About 30 seconds later the lights will shut off. Often times on Toyotas you will need a relay to increase the strength of the rearm wire.
I have always been one to make sure that the headlights will shut off on vehicles with auto lights. Some vehicles shut off after a certain amount of time, while others (Toyota, Hyundai) will not shut off until the battery dies or a door is opened.
concepts99 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for the info,

What tech program are you pulling from? Neither my DirectWire or my WIreMagic Installogy has this info.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
concepts99 wrote:

Thank you for the info,

What tech program are you pulling from? Neither my DirectWire or my WIreMagic Installogy has this info.

What info are you referring to? The method to interrupt the autolight wire, or my info? I pulled my info from 8+ years of experience.
concepts99 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
The auto light tech info
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic