icon

tach signal on 98 sonoma 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
otto34 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2007 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
(Its the 4.3) I have tried and tried to get this thing to read the tach signal on the truck with no luck. I tried behind the gauge cluster but my volt reading was around 7v at idle. Then I probed the coil itself it was at 3.5v needless to say I tried using both spots but neither of them would get the led to come on. Also is that the first thing that has to be done to get the alarm to start working. the remote should already be programed to the brain out of the box correct? All the remote does is beep 3 times when any button is pushed. Any help would be great!
Thanks in advance.
otto34 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Ok forget the above post, I got everything working. Last problem that is holding me up is the remote start. The alarm recognizes the tach signal and thats how I set the remote start. The truck will turn over run for maybe two or three seconds and shut off. I looked and the pigtail of wires coming out of the lock cylinder and about an inch down them is a little black box that they go through. Is this the chip that used to be on the key? I called a friend and he told me to put the key in the ignition and try it and if it started then that was the problem. So I tried it with no luck, truck ran for a sec and shut off. Then I tried the key in the on position and the same thing. I double checked all my wires and connections but am stummped on this one.......
Once again thanks in advance for any help tach signal on 98 sonoma 791xv -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

What bypass did you use for your passlock 2 ? Putting the key in the ign. and trying remote start will do nothing, in the case of passlock. You NEED a bypass module.

PASSLOCK DATA Yellow In 3 wire harness from ignition switch   DATA 
 PASSLOCK GROUND Black or ORANGE / black In 3 wire harness from ignition switch   - 

otto34 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you sir! I talked to another person today and they said that the passlock sounds like the problem but thanks for just confirming it for me!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic