how to make remote start indication

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
megatfauzi76 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  

Hai,

Im using 561T remote start with my normal alarm. Anyone know what should I do..When I remote start my car..there is some indication ( example :- Siren chirp or alarm honk ) when it start cranking my engine? So that I know, remote start confirm start cranking my engine...Coz Im using 1 way alarm..Also Indication from the signal light...sometimes not easy to see..

Any idea and Suggestion?

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged  

On my old DEI Viper 550ESP I bought the add on pager for it.  I then wired up the (-) starter output signal to the pager input.  Every time I remote started the vehicle the pager would go off, giving me audible confirmation that it started.

If you can't see the parking lights I would be surprised if you could hear a siren chirp.  You may be able to use a time delayed relay on the remote start status output to honk the horn or something like that.

Kevin Pierson
megatfauzi76 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2007 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply..I

If I connect remote start status output ( I think its a BLUE wire rite? ) How long my horn will honk? Any idea?

Also anyone know how to reduce my wait to start timing? Coz it only start after 15 sec? Can i reduce it?

akainstaller 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
i beleave u can run ur flash output to a relay thn a wire from ur relay to ur horn   so when u remote start ur car ur ligts flash and ur horn honks
imseth85 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2007 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
that's insane, the horn would honk so much. But it's a sort of good idea. I think on that valet unit there is a pulse after start wire somewhere on some weird harness (I may be confused with the audiovox). Use that wire to honk the horn and it will honk after your car starts.
Seth Alvo     NY
Mobile Electronics Installer
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
On the 561T, use the factory alarm rearm wire (GREEN / WHITE) and hook it up your vehichle's horn
this will honk your horn once, after your engine has turned on.
Note: if your vehichle has neg trigger horn (which most car does), no relay need. Hook it up directly.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
I've tried that before.... a 1-second horn honk is LOUD!
On my mother's car, I connected the pulse-before-start ("factory alarm disarm") output to the high-beam headlights.
When the car is about to start, the lights flash brightly. If you park in such a way that you can see the back of the car, but not the front....you could trigger the backup lights instead.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic