the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

ultrastart quality

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  

I posted awhile back about the problems I was having with Crimestopper remote starters. I have been looking for another brand to install. I have been looking at the Ultrastart line. Would you guys give me some feedback on what you think about this line of starters? Thanks for all you help.

Ziggy

ZipPhReaK 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
I've done a bunch of the older 1250/2250's, and I'm especially pleased at their quality and reliability. I've also started doing a bunch of the newer 1270/2270's, Ultrastart made a few little improvements in these units that made them even easier to program.
They are some of the best cost-effective RS and alarm units out there. They have plenty of onboard relays and features!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Yup....bang for buck....awsome.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
I've done a few Ultrastart. Reliable and easy to program. In matter of fact I am using one myself. 3-4 years and still running.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.ultrastart quality -- posted image.
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

Hands down best out there for ease of use, installation and warranty. Shout out to Mike Schafer in Michigan, Midwest Electronics for being the best rep ALIVE!!! Alpine and ultrastart..

My rifle is my friend...
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
We had good luck with there quality, distributors kept running out of product though. Make sure wherever you get them from keeps there stock in check no matter what time of year it is.
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
great units i have installed alot of brands, ultra is the best. only bad part is crappy support...
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
 absolutely love them. very easy to install, and very reliable. Had some issues with there 2 way remotes a few years back, but heard thet they have fixed the problems. I have had only one problem out of the nearly 40 that I have installed.
jmacf14
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 16, 2007 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  
I've only installed two (the manual-transmission type), and I was impressed.
The plastic case for the brain looked especially well-made, and the wires were of good quality, supple, and with plenty of length. The remotes look nice and tasteful; similar to a GM factory remote.
Installation was easy too. Only 4 plugs for ALL the wires (and this was an alarm/starter combo). The valet switch and LED are built into the antenna---a great idea that other manufacturers should hurry to copy.
I had a little trouble getting into programming on one car, I called tech support, and they were very helpful.
And the pricing is very good too.
indy88 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2007 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone installed the One Start brand from AST? They are supposed to be identical to the Ultrastart units.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic