icon

03 denali scytek 5100rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
justodd 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

I am in the process of installing the Scytek 5100rs, and I am having a few problems.  I got the interface from peripheral, and everything is hooked up, but it is not working.  Please inform me which wires work from the RS unit to the bypass kit.  My main concern is door locks and the remote start function.  And could somebody please explain to me how the Peripheral interface works in relation hooking it into the pink wire from the data port?

Thank alot,

Todd

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
What bypass module are you using?
justodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Peripheral PGMDLBP
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 18, 2007 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
The GMDLBP takes the analog commands from your remote start and translates them to digital information your vehicle understands. All of your analog information that your after market system needs to see is also converted from digital information to analog information for things like door triggers. The GMDLBP also bypasses the passlockII system in your truck during remote starting. The wire that the GMDLBP needs to hook up to in the vehicle is the purple wire, pin 2 at the OBDII connector.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
justodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2007 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

Does the wire from the purple wire from the data hook up "talk" to the computer and tell it to lock/unlock the doors, or do I have to tie into the actual door lock; and if so which wires do I need to use?  As far as the door pins go, is there any easier way to hook into those than tapping into each door pin wire and using diodes; and if not, exactly which wires are the door pin wires?

thanks,

todd

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 18, 2007 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Have a read here.
It explains all of the functions of that unit (as well as answering your questions). Bottom line is, yes it talks to the vehicle, locks/arms/unlocks/disarms/etc via that one connection to the vehicle.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
justodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2007 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

That is a very useful piece.  What about the door pins?

Thanks again

todd

northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Dont worry about the door pins unless your doing a manual transmission... and i dont think they put a manual in a denali ever.
vitrox 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

5100 is an alarm, so he probably wants the doorpins.  You have to individually catch all the pins unless you want to tap into the dome light wire.  Only problem is with the bypasskit module you have, the domelight turns on everytime the vehicle shuts down.  This is to shut the rap system down in the vehicle.  Only way to do it without catching individual door pins is to use a different doorlock module.

domelight wire is gray/black in harness near fuse panel that runs up the a-pillar on drivers side, positive trigger (purple wire on alarm brain).

justodd 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

If I decided to catch all of the door pins, what are the wire colors, and where do I find them?

Thanks,

Todd

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic