94 cavalier stereo problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fchunter 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

Hi guys.

I recently bought a sony audio deck, wiring harness and antenna adaptor, wanted to install it by myself. I removed factory stereo, connected the harness to car and new deck but there is no power.

I checked the wire connections and everything looks fine except some wires coming out from new deck don't match with the wires from wiring harness.

The wires don't match with wiring harness :

Black - Blue - Orange - ORANGE / White (from new deck)

Rest of the wires connected wery well. And also I connected black wire (from new deck)  to the metal body of my car.

But not a chance. No power. Then i decided to reinstall my factory stereo. Cconnected to factory connector back to stereo. Guess what i have power but also have strange noise. And clock, lcd screen not working.

Basicly even old stereo not working any more. Clearly I did something wrong. 

I need your help guys. Thanks.

sweetnessa 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2007 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
orange and white should be illumination
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  
Problem; you bought Sony. Solution; anything other than Sony and a select few Pioneers. J/K. You really should have someone with experience do this install for you. Chances are that you merely touched  2 wires together that wasn't right.
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  

this forum can be so helpful......whats up with telling people they need to find someone with experience for the simpliest installation?  

fchunter,  do you have a multimeter? (if not, radio shack sells them for as little as 20 bucks) measure the voltage on the yellow wire and the red wire, chances are that you blew a fuse.  make sure that the black wire is connected to a good ground point. how are you making the connections to the harness? solder, crimping? you do not need the blue or the ORANGE / white wires to make the radio work. be sure to cap off any unused wires.   you should also be making these connections without the adapter harness plugged in, this will help to avoid shorting anything out.  after the harness is wired, then plug it in.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  

Check your fuses? Be aware, there could be fuses under the hood as well.

fchunter 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you guys for your replys.

This problem been solved. Yes i blew a fuse. Shame on me :)

duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
just dont let it happen  again, and we will let it slide this time  94 cavalier stereo problem -- posted image.
fchunter 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

Everythings ok except right rear speaker !

I use wiring harness and i am 100% sure connected every wire correct (maybe 99%)  .

Here is the wiring diagram that i used :

Left Front Spkr (-) White w/ Black Stripe

Left Front Spkr (+) White
Right Front Spkr (-) Gray w/ Black Stripe
Right Front Spkr (+) Gray
Ground Wire Black Black
+12 Volt Ignition Wire Red
+12 Volt Battery Wire Yellow
Right Rear Spkr (-) Purple w/ Black Stripe
Right Rear Spkr (+) Purple
Left Rear Spkr (-) Green w/ Black Stripe
Left Rear Spkr (+) Green

On wiring harness i have Black (Ground Wire), Orange (Headlight Dimmer Wire), Blue (Power Antenna) wires i taped individually.

Everything is working except right rear speaker and also i'm getting very disturbing noise and failure message on my sony deck when i turn it on (which means "the connection of speakers is incorrect). 

My questions are ;

1) Do i have to connect to black wire from wiring harness and other black wire from deck together ? (I connected the black ground lead (from deck) to a metal surface of the car)

2) Does my car has an external amplifier ? If yes should i use blue power antenna wire from deck? How ?

I'd like to know my alternatives.

PS: The all speakers were working with my old radio.

Thank you for your time

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic