icon

Disable Alarm in 99 Pontiac Grand Prix?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GrandPrix 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
I need help. I have a 99'pontiac Grand Prix and I want to disable the alarm. I want to do this cuz it keeps goin off for no reason. I think I just need to take the wire off the horn so it wont make noise....but i dont know if that will disable the horn. If any one can tell me what I need to disconect that would be great. Any help is a big help to me. Thanks
GrandPrix
tech_advice 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
If you look in your owner's manual, there's a step by step process to disable it....
Don't share too many install secrets with your customers, pretty soon they won't need you!!!!!
GrandPrix 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
thanks but i dont have the manual (anymore) but i can get another one.
GrandPrix
GrandPrix 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2003 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hey I posted this topic... But seeing as how i cant get a manual I would greatly appriciate your help. If anyone knows how to disable it please let me know. If anyone has a manual and would look it up for me I would be so very happy. Thanks
GrandPrix
GrandPrix 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

Still need HELP. 

Please

GrandPrix
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

I only have the directions to turn it on but you should be able to turn it off with a little trial and error.  Here they are:

To Enter Programming:

1. Security system must be disarmed
2. Remove MALL PGM fuse from the fusebox (inside the car)
3. Turn the Ignition key to accy possition.
4.   You will hear the horn??  (my instructions say chill beaper but I think its a bad translation from french) 1 to 4 times depending on original setting.

Sequence to program:

1. PLace 1 key in the drivers door key drum,  and hold it to the unlock position
2. Then with the factory remote hit the panic buton
3. Count the numbe of beeps (again with the chill beaper whatever the f#ck that is)
4. Hit the panic button until you get the desired number of beems.
5. Remove key from door.

(you will need to try 1 through 4 to see which one shuts the alarm off.  I assume it will be 1 or 4 but I don't know)

Exit Programming:

Turn the key off and reinstall the MALL PGM fuse.

GrandPrix 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
thanks I will try that
GrandPrix
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

Factory alarm on the Pontiac Grand Prix 1997 & up

The factory anti-theft systems on the new Grand Prix and Grand Prix GTP are user programmable to

have control over various features like horn honk and flashing lights as well as adjusting the alarm

modes and arming and disarming modes. When these vehicles come in to your shop, they may not

be programmed to disarm with the key in the door. This of course will cause a problem as you will

not be able to disarm the factory alarm when remote starting the vehicle. This of course can be

rectified through the user programming, the unit can be reprogrammed to accept a ground pulse from

the wire at the key switch in the door as well as allow arming of the alarm through the driver’s lock

switch before the door is closed.

Programming Alarm modes

1. Pull fuse no.27 ( MALL PGM ) 10amp from instrument panel fuse block. Turn ignition switch to

ACCESSORY position. Ensure that seat belt indicator flashes and chime sounds 2 to 4 times.

Turn parking lights on. As soon as parking lights are turned on, seat belt indicator will flash and

chime will sound the number of times equal to the current mode number.

2. The mode will advance, each time the parking lights are turned on and off. Passing mode 4 will

bring you back to mode 1. To save the new setting, turn ignition switch to OFF and replace fuse.

Alarm modes:

Mode 1: If vehicle is seriously damaged and/or door or liftgate is opened while system is armed, the

alarm will sound and parking lights will flash for up to 2 minutes.

Mode 2: If door or liftgate is opened while system is armed, the alarm will sound and the parking

lights will flash for up to 2 minutes.

Mode 3: System is always disarmed

Mode 4: If vehicle is damaged and/or someone enters the vehicle while system is armed, an alarm

will sound and the parking lights will flash for up to 2 minutes.

Programming ARM/DISARM modes is on next page.

Programming arming and disarming modes

1. Pull fuse No.27 ( MALL PGM ) 10amp from instrument panel fuse block. Turn the ignition switch

to ACCESSORY position. Ensure that the seat belt indicator flashes and the chime sounds 2 to 4

times. Using other key, turn and hold door lock cylinder to UNLOCK position.

2. Depress HORN button on remote keyless entry transmitter to set arming and disarming modes.

Each time the button is pressed the mode will advance by one. Seat belt indicator will flash and

chime will sound the number of times equal to the current mode setting. A transition past mode 3

will bring you back to mode 1. To exit programming and save the current mode, turn ignition

switch to OFF and replace the fuse.

Arming and disarming modes:

Mode 1: System will ARM and DISARM using door lock key or remote transmitter.

Mode 2: System will ARM and DISARM using remote transmitter only (will not disarm with key)

Mode 3: System will ARM when doors are locked from any door lock switch, while any door or liftgate

is open and key is removed from ignition switch or while locking doors with key or remote transmitter.

The system will disarm using the key or the remote transmitter.

Return to first page.

GrandPrix 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2003 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
thank you very much!!!Disable Alarm in 99 Pontiac Grand Prix? -- posted image.
GrandPrix

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic