icon

parrot 3100 into a 01 denali

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
I am wondering what additional parts are needed to install the parrot 3100 into a 2001 yukon denali with bose factory stereo system (and factory head unit). I tried to contact my parrot distributor but they were not sure what type of harness would be needed if any.
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and to clarify I get a new vehicle every 2 or 3 months(auto dealer) so I don't want to buy a new 50.00 harness each time I want to move it to a new vehicle. I would rather just hardwire it to the speakers and mute and get my ignition wires under the dash. There is also a mute button on the steering wheel.
elicoleman 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2007 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

With Bose, the harness will not work. Amplifier will get in the way. With this system, I would use a external speaker and tap into the radio for the mute. I can not remeber what color wire is used for the mute, but I used the test light method on my Yukon and found it no prob. You will need the Parrot wiring diagram posted numerous times here to find out what wires to cut. I belive the two gray wires on the male end of the ISO conecter are the speaker out for external speakers. I hide the external speaker behind the dash in these installs and the sound is still good. This will also allow for easy removal when you swap cars.

2003 GMC Yukon, Kenwood 815DVD w/ Nav. Memphis speakers. Kenwood 1200W Amp, Alpine 400W amp. Rear view camera, headrest monitors. Parrot CK3100
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Did you use a parrot external speaker or did you go pick up one at bestbuy or radio shack?
elicoleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
I stock Parrot speakers, so I use theirs. But any 2-4 ohm speaker will work.
2003 GMC Yukon, Kenwood 815DVD w/ Nav. Memphis speakers. Kenwood 1200W Amp, Alpine 400W amp. Rear view camera, headrest monitors. Parrot CK3100
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
What do you charge for your parrot speakers, I found them on crutchfield.com but my distributor Midstate doesn't stock them from what I can tell.
elicoleman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2007 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
I sell them retail for 21.99. email me at mobileelectronics2sbcglobal.net.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic