icon

07 jeep compass which bypass to use?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

I have this one to do- have done Rams before- really don't care to do them- the modules seem to take several tries to program- anyway- I have been researching- looks like I need to decide between the CHDL7-PK2  and the PKUCH2X- I realize the first one does it all- but looks like a PITA to wire up- when it comes to the MUX and the resistors to ground etc- plus it costs more-- the PKUCH2X looks simpler- only does the bypass- but that is okay as long as the lock/unlock wires are easy enough to find- so what is everyboby's opinion- is the CHDL7-PK2 worth the extra money? 

Also- does anybody have a wiring diagram for the 2007 Compass?  Thanks

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
The CHDL7-PK2 will not work completely with the 2007 Jeep Compass. There is no starter wire on the new Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles. It will take care of the Sentry key bypass and the locks but not the security or the MUX ignition setup. So the bypasses for the 2006 vehicles will not work for the 2007's. View my first post on how to bypass the MUX systems on the new vehicles at the following link:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=89999&PN=4
The two relays should be all you need. Good luck.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
cutter1122 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

07 jeep compass which bypass to use? - Last Post -- posted image.07 jeep compass which bypass to use? - Last Post -- posted image.

brcidd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info- You said I only need the two relays- but that is in combination with the CHDL7-PK2  right?   So I need this module as well-  The instructions for the CHDL7-PK2  show it fully compatible with the 2007 Jeep Compass- It does make it confusing when they don't mention the change from 2006 to 2007 and dropping the starter wire-----If this were my own vehicle, I'd be able to take my time and be sure to get it right- But I'm going to install this one in one afternoon about 50 miles away- and would like to have it all figured out before I start-- Thanks for your help
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
I know what you mean about the change from 06 to 07 being a messup. I know from experience I've installed numerous starters in 07 Rams, Nitros, Dakotas, and Aspens. They all dont have the starter wire and none of the bypass modules will work for them. They bypass the locks and Sentry key, but not the MUX wiring. So....YES you will need the CHDL7-PK2 AND the relay setup. UNLESS the Compass doesn't have factory security, then you could get by with just a Sentry key bypass module (costs less). Then, you would have to run a wire to lock and unlock to the driver kick with certain resistors inline. Pretty easy actually. I prefer that method because that CHDL7-PK2 is pretty expensive if you dont necessarily need it all. But if the Compass has factory security, its easier to use the module, because then the only way to disarm is in the driver door and can get quite tricky
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
brcidd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

Have you ever tried the CAN-SL2i modules by fortin at www.ifar.ca?- they look really easy- there doesn't appear to be a wire wrap around the ignition barrell- and programming looks easier- also there is the option of using the data port connection which looks to be even easier- I would welcome anyone's experience with this product- Thanks

I just looked up an application guide- I don't think the CAN-SL2i does the transponder bypass- I suppose it should have been obvious -since there was no ignition barrel wrap......So back to square one...doesn't anyone make a transponder bypass for this vehicle without that barrel wrap?

brcidd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2007 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
So, since this is my first 2007 Jeep- I'd like to know which side of the "two relay start enable system", to wire in the analog MUX  (purple wire) out of my transponder bypass module (CH-TBU.2)?  The key side or the ECM side?    It looks like the CH-TBU.2 will disarm and take care of the sentry- but I assume it needs to be wired in on the ECM side of the out-put of the two relay system that you referred me to above- (the one that does the start through the 180ohm ands the accesory thru the 560ohm resistors)   I think I read somewhere that the transponder has to be energized at the same time as the start enable- so it must be on the ECM side, I assume- but wouldn't this be feeding two resistances at the same time down the MUX wire? if that were the case- maybe it should be on the key side- where it would be inactive during the crank mode.... just a little confused - thanks for your help.......
brcidd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  

Well.... I did this one early- yesterday- came out great- had much more confidence once I discovered that the CH-TBU.2 (AKA Chrysler PATS 04+) module would take care of everything except the door locks---- Great little device for the inexpensive price- So to clear things up- I'll say this:

You do not need the two relay system with this module- it has the 560 and 180 resistances built in and controls through the MUX- also you do not need to hook in your accessory or 2nd ignition wires from your R/S brain- it does this through the MUX as well.  It also disarms the factory alarm.

I went ahead and wired in the locks through appropriate resistors- but really did not need to-- Owner will always have to carry the OEM remote- since it is built into the head of the key-

Two things I will mention- I could not find an adequate power feed near the kickpanel- so I ran out to the battery to get it-- and the vehicle WILL NOT remote start with a key near the ignition- the security light comes on and stays on- must not like seeing two keys at once- although it will accept the key after R/S and stay running with no issues- just don't have it in the ignition while testing the R/S.  This typically will not happen in normal R/S operation.....

This is a very sweet install- can be very clean and easy after you have done your first one with the appropriate module-  My hardest part was deciding on what module to buy and trying to figure out what it does based on the description in the sales info-  Thanks for all your help and advice- that is what makes this forum great- is being able to communicate issues-- Thanks again.

azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2007 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

Pats 04+     best bypass you can get for chryslers! never had one problem with em at all

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic