icon

2004 bonneville wire problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lazyike 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

O.K. guys I have not put in allot of starters but have done about 30 or so.

Today I started working on a 2004 pontiac bonneville.  Got all wires hooked up and started to check functions,

trunk works, door locks work, went to start heard ecm click, and fuel pump activate but no response from starter. Check my output from r/s. works, checked yellow wire, yep that shows power when cranking. I then checked bypass module thats working right.  I am showing two Ign. wires on my schematic a pink and white.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why it will not spin the starter.  I called tech. support but they were not much help they said that I needed to use a relay on my ing. wires....????   Why I have two ing. outputs from my r/s  What am I missing.

I am putting in a crimestopper unit and their new gm-sl2 bypass withthe data-link

green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you go for Tach sense? Did your module program correctly? Sounds maybe like your module isn't working properly. That car has the PK3 security chip in the key, and thats the symptom it does when that chip isn't sensed by the ignition system.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Did you try and remote start it with the key in the ignition?? Sounds like a passkey issue to me. Did you use the second harness on the Gm-sl2 for the passkey?
lazyike 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

green6767-- I am using crimestopper in tachless mode. in the past it, any car I put the system on would crank regardless of tach mode.

I do know that the bypass is working and hooked up correct, the gm-sl2 programed wxactly as it should, and I verified it workes.  there is somthing funny with the starter wire,  there is power on the wire but will not turn the car over, I am still confused about this relay thing.

green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
The car has 2 ignitions, which both need to be powered up. I have installed Crimestopper before, so I know the Pink and Pink/white coming from the unit will work fine for both ignitions. So you DONT need to wire up any relays. Make sure all your ignition/accessory/starter outputs are functioning properly. Also, like ziggy mentioned, unplug the bypass module and put a key in the ignition and try remote starting it that way. If it starts (granted all your output on the RS are working as they should)....its the module that is not working properly.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
kcfitz78 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2007 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

Check your wiring on you GMSL2.

GMSL2------------------------->Car

Purple.............. to ..................OBD2

Pink ...................to................... ing (not ing 2)

****Also make sure that the Pink and Pink/white wiers coming from the Alarm/Starter are connected correctly. Pink to ing and Pink/White to ing 2

****As for the GMSL2 do not cut the the cars yellow Passlock 3 bypass wire and hook any wires to it. The GMSL2 will take care of the passlock throught the OBD2 wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic